Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2015, 09:56 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Thermostat Failure

I have a RV Comfort.ZC AM7812H thermostat that locks up with 00 showing. That causes shut down prevents any change or restart with the controls until it is reset. Resetting is accomplished by temporarily pulling the fuse for the thermostat (or shutting down the complete 12 vdc source temporarily).

Now the thermostat will not reset any longer.
It appears that this model may have been discontinued and I am unable to find a replacement thermostat.

Has anyone found a replacement thermostat or another model that would work in our coach.
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Dometic 3314082 011 Comfort Control Center II Digital RV Thermostat | eBay

I wonder I this one would work? My Comfort.ZC has been erratic since the day it was put in. Sometimes it refuses to change zones.
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:34 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Thermostat Failure

I switched to this one from Dometic, called "Control Comfort Center 2 Thermostat " (model #3314080.xxx without dehumidifier) it is programmable, there is also a model that will control dehumidification. I have it set for, Cool, HP, Aqua Hot, Auto and Fan Only. It is set for 2 zones, although It will do up to 4. The Auto setting switches from Heat Pump to AC depending upon the temperature. When we go out and leave Fenway alone in the coach I use Auto and set the fan to low, that way the fan provides "white noise" so there is no barking if there is a noise outside, he just doesn't hear it.

It can be programmed to change temperature or mode (cool, heat, etc) by time, although I do not use it. There is also a setting for Heat Strip if you have one. My feeling is this a great replacement for the original thermostat, I like it!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1427585676.756420.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	89839

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Dave,

Any pitfalls to installing and programming the Dometic thermostat? Any compatibility issues with the Roof Heat Pumps?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Did a wiring diagram come with the Dometic? Also has anyone have a wiring diagram for the RV Comfort.ZC AM7812H and know where all the wiring runs bu color?
40FT FDFS #75725
Old 04-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
When new A/C Heat pumps were installed last year a new Dometic Comfort Center Thermostat was installed . It uses the same data cable as the old thermostat used. It does more than the old one. :thumbup: It has the time, temperature, and other settings which makes it better then the old one. I like it better I just must remember how to program it every time I use it.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Janet, Todd, as Dave F says, no issues with installation and as long as you keep the manual handy, no problems with programming. Actually it is very intuitive.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #8

Dave what is :thumbup:?
Old 04-21-2015, 09:34 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks Dave and DrDaveMA.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:40 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
I have RVP A/C and Heat Pumps on the roof. Dometic says their thermostat is not compatible with RVP products so Rusty Bear, if you find a replacement for your RV Comfort.ZC, please let me know as I am looking to replace mine too. In addition to refusing to switch zones, the thermostat is causing the Hydro Hot to quick cycle zone 2 heat exchangers off then back on.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:56 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
I received this document from RVC Products:

Reset Procedure for Zone Control

Signal Disruption

The problem you are experiencing is usually caused by one or more of the twelve volt components in

your coach. The most common would be a bad ballast on a fluorescent light. If this is the case, you

will need to leave the light off until the fixture can be replaced. Follow the directions below to locate

the issue.

1. Make sure that all upper units, ceiling assemblies and control boxes are installed correctly and

12 volt power is on.

2. Place the thermostat slide switch in the “OFF” position.

3. Remove the thermostat cover.

4. Remove the fuse for five minutes.

5. While the fuse is out, turn off all the twelve volt lights, unplug anything plugged into a twelve

volt outlet, make sure you turn off anything else you can that is twelve volts without shutting

down all the twelve volts for the coach.

6. Reinstall the fuse and wait another five minutes. NOTE: Do not touch any buttons or switches

during this time, doing so will cause the thermostat to lock out immediately and you will have

to start over.

7. Once the thermostat is back to running normal, go back through everything you can in the

twelve volt circuit in the coach, turning them on to see if they affect the thermostat. When you

find what is causing the problem, the thermostat will do something out of the norm. Usually the

thermostat will show “00”, a phantom zone, dim way down, or even go blank. If the thermostat

does any of these “out of the norm” displays, then you know that the component you just turned

on is causing the problem.

Known Causes:

(it will always be in the twelve volt circuit, so look for these components to be plugged into 12vdc)

Cell Phone Chargers

Electric Shavers

Brake Buddy System

Fantastic Fan

AC Ripple (usually a filtering issue at the converter)

Computers
Old 04-19-2016, 06:53 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Any update on either a fix or a replacement thermostat? Has anyone tried running a new DC power wire from the DC power supply fuse panel in the hallway to the thermostat? This would be the wire connected to the one amp fuse for the thermostat that I pull and reset when this happens. Could that be picking up interference from a wire close to it?
Marca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:48 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Sorry for not updating. Quick update My Air Conditioners are Coleman and the Dometic thermostat will not work. I was able to find a direct replacement ZC AM7812H thermostat online and after installing new thermostat (unplug old thermostat and plug in new thermostat) everything is working as it should.
40FT FDFS #75725
Old 04-25-2016, 09:07 AM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Question

Rusty Bear,
Thanks for the info. Do you know where you purchased the new one from? Does it have the same look as the old one or is it different? I would like to get a new one but want to make sure I get the correct model since they are non-returnable. Several years ago we purchased a new one through Camping World but it didn't work any better than the old one. They let us return it. Getting a little tired of dealing with its unpredictability.
I appreciate your help.
Marca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat