Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2007, 03:31 PM   #1

Well, it finally happened to me in Dateline Arizona. At 105 deg in the shade, I was poking around in the hydraulic valve compartment trying to find the 1/4 inch nut Chris at WRV told me would be there. Of course there was no room for hand and tool but Since Chris told me other owners had managed to loosen the pressure release solenoid, I managed to be successful.

Once Janet and I pushed the wardrobe back in, we blocked it closed with that 2x4 that everyone is supposed to have in their rig (right!) We used some rolled up air mattresses and made it back to San Diego with no further problems.

Post mortem: One hose blew at the metal fitting and the other one was severely bubbled despite the fact that the hoses had the WRV heat shields and were fastened up above the radiator.

sdcyclist
2006 36FDDS
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2007, 03:31 PM   #2

Well, it finally happened to me in Dateline Arizona. At 105 deg in the shade, I was poking around in the hydraulic valve compartment trying to find the 1/4 inch nut Chris at WRV told me would be there. Of course there was no room for hand and tool but Since Chris told me other owners had managed to loosen the pressure release solenoid, I managed to be successful.

Once Janet and I pushed the wardrobe back in, we blocked it closed with that 2x4 that everyone is supposed to have in their rig (right!) We used some rolled up air mattresses and made it back to San Diego with no further problems.

Post mortem: One hose blew at the metal fitting and the other one was severely bubbled despite the fact that the hoses had the WRV heat shields and were fastened up above the radiator.

sdcyclist
2006 36FDDS
Old 06-28-2007, 05:26 PM   #3

That'll teach you to poke around where you shouldn't. Joking and I am sy\ure you folks are not laughing. It truly is time that we force WRV Alpine's hand with these d*** hoses. This is truly ridiculous. I will be delighted to contact them but who do we contact that gets a result. I really think that mean E. Mike should handle this job. After all that Mexico living his whole approach has got to be different. Truly we need to get this corrected along with our brakes. At least the brakes have not failed us yet. Surely the hoses have. Can we get some opinions, I have no problem contacting Mr Fish if I feel that everybody wants to play in the same court.

Ted Ulmer, I had to leave Carol out of this.
Actually maybe we should find Beverly!
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:46 AM   #4

If we end up having another hydralic hose problem, believe me, I will NOT be hard to find.

Beverly
Buddy and Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote