Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #29

Very happy with the Bridgestone 280's that we installed a few years ago. About 40k on front tires. I took a good look at them the other day with front tires free to rotate. No cupping or edging and minimal wear. No reason to rotate so will leave them alone. I do notice that they retain some rocks because of the tread design.
Good point 'Old Forester' makes about Bridgestone casings.

Beagle
Beagle RC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2012, 05:24 AM   #30

Curious--what does your tire shop recommend about/for rotating tires? --was of the "opinion" that rotating tires to the rear where the potent for different wear patterns could be a problem for unmatched duals??????
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #31

Alpine Owners Club
IIWM, and I needed to rotate tires from the front to the rear for irregular wear, I would take the 2 front tires to the right rear drive, move the RR duals to the left side drive and take the 2 LR drives to the front. Now that's going to require some dismounting of tires. Remember PSI on duals must never exceed 3-4 psi from inside to outside and they should be the exact same PSI. Tread depth(assuming all tires are same size and model) should not exceed 4/32 difference inside to outside.
It's best to be sure alignment is correct and you maintained proper PSI. After 40K+ the front tires on our MH show no sign of any irregular wear.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssracer View Post
...I noticed they ride much smoother than the Toyos. So today Im thinking of replacing the rear tires to match the Michilens...
Typically, changes to shocks/tires in the rear are far, far less noticeable than in the front. Unless you need to replace the rear tires, I would not do it simply for the sake of a potentially undetectable ride difference.

As you have discovered, there are reasons to run the high priced brands like Michelin. A tire is not just a tire.

You might also consider replacing the front shocks with a brand that has a softer compression stroke valving (like Koni). That too might make yet another big ride difference. Bilsteins tend to have equal compression/extension valving.
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote