Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #1

Folks on this forum are S-O-O-O resourceful. I have gotten great leads on where to get parts.

Now I need some touch-up paint. Mine is over three years old and kind of gummy. My main requirement is "charcoal" which I'm not even sure WRV had any of before they went under. Did they mix their own? Did they get it from somewhere? Any ideas for sources of paint? I have a nice big chip that came off the molding in the rear if someone can use it to match it.
gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #2

Folks on this forum are S-O-O-O resourceful. I have gotten great leads on where to get parts.

Now I need some touch-up paint. Mine is over three years old and kind of gummy. My main requirement is "charcoal" which I'm not even sure WRV had any of before they went under. Did they mix their own? Did they get it from somewhere? Any ideas for sources of paint? I have a nice big chip that came off the molding in the rear if someone can use it to match it.
gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #3
ET

Even though my coach is a Newmar I also needed touch-up paint, 4 different colors. I took off the paint codes and brand name that was on my pantry door and went to a body shop that had the ability to look up that brand of paint and match it to what they carried. They had to mix several colors together using different amounts of each to get it to match. Overall the touch-up paint came out good, not perfect but good. I hope this helps in the event you cannot get it directly from a dealer.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
gator67:

eMike and the ACA website were collecting color codes. I have the one for my 2003, but I'm sure someone has the 2005 color codes.

To verify your color scheme, check your year's sales brochure (also on ACA website) for the name, then check the color code sheet.

Also do a "FIND" for the name of a company that will ship it to you in various quantities/packaging.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #5

A good paint shop can match you colors.

2006 36"FDTS
Ed Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #6

Gator67,

I have the paint codes for my '06 and have shipped them to the ACA website and eMike. The paint codes show a dark pewter and a dark mesquite metallic, which is also a very charcoal grey. Don't know if that's the same as your charcoal. The paints for the '06 were supplied by Daimont, so you might check with them to see if they have paints for your coach.
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:00 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gator67:

Now I need some touch-up paint. Mine is over three years old and kind of gummy. My main requirement is "charcoal" which I'm not even sure WRV had any of before they went under. Did they mix their own? Did they get it from somewhere? Any ideas for sources of paint? I have a nice big chip that came off the molding in the rear if someone can use it to match it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gator67

BASF Diamont paint is a German paint that was used many years on the BMW's, Mercedes', and Porche's I understand and was given this information while we lived in Munich Germany some years ago. The BASF plant is outside Munich. It is one of the best paints on the planet and I am pleased it was used on the Alpine Coach. Everyones Alpine Coach will look like a million dollars for years compared to other mfgers that used lesser quality paint. Codes used by WRV can be recieved from their supplier- Industrial Finishes, 3255 West 1st, Eugene, OR 97402, (541)485-2033. I strongly recommend any repairs anyone makes to use BASF Diamont paint from your local supplier. A few years may reflect where a lesser quality paint was used on your coach.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:05 AM   #8

I had one Mercedes and one BMW. Amongst many of the problems I had with both vehicles which was actually as bad or worse than my Jaguar. Biggest problem was the paint. It was terrible. I have talked with numerous paint suppliers who will not handle it. One of my company cars is a 2001 Q45 Infiniti. The finish looks like it came out of the showroom. It is an incredible finish. The individual that I have used to detail my cars which I do twice a year and I have used for 22 years has told me that Inifiniti's paint and finish is superior to anything he has ever seen
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote