Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #1

Touch up paint

What is everyone doing for touch-up paint. I have the color codes so I can get the paint from an Auto Body shop supplier. How are you applying it. It almost has to be sprayed and then clear coated I would think. Can you do this with these little aerosol sprayers. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #2

I purchased a cheapie from Harbor Freight a: pressure regulator, air brush (low psi) which I plan on using to do a old scratch touch-up. (optional to toss or clean up after use.) My biggest shock was finding the PPG place to fill the order as it’s an expensive hard to mix old Delta paint system. Stand by for the big one once you purchase the paint system.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #3

Ted-
1) does this mean you have an, err, um, "event" you want to tell us about?
2) try a local auto body paint store; a friend w/aTrek took his "color swatch" to a local shop in Sacramento & the guy mixed up matching paint & sold it in an aerosol can. I saw the work the guy did w/the spray can & couldn't tell color wise or even finish wise. Maybe I'm just not that wise.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #4

Touch paint

E. Mike, no interesting tales to tell in reference to touch-up paint. Appreciate the suggestion. I was going to ask the same of you but I noted that it was a "friend" that needed the touch-up!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #5

The only "owie" on the 08 so far is a small scrape on the front cap lower edge, DS, from an off-roading experiment I tried in Baja. Thought I wrecked the front end. Thought the wife would wreck me. At first I couldn't find the scrape. Then I was amazed at the durability of that front cap. Then I had a shot of tequila!! (after we got to our destination & parked).
Old 06-22-2009, 05:58 AM   #6

As good as the Alpine chassis is, I would leave the off roading to the Baja buggies. I am certain the wife was ecstatic over that ride.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #7

No touch up paint system is going to offer a repair similar to a body shop, but if you insist on DIY, paintscratch.com can sell you a small amount of color-matched paint.