Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2010, 06:38 AM   #1

TPM rear antenna location?

I've had the TFT tire pressure system for over a year and it works fine. Finally decided it was time (yes, I know - overdue) to put the sensors on the toad. For Alpine owners who have done this, do you get better results with the rear antenna in the rear closet or outside behind the rear "bumper" plastic?
Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:50 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi David,

I bought the Pressure Pro system this year at the Albuquerque FMCA Rally and put them on there. Both the coach and the toad. I thought I'd try it without the 'repeater' or 'external antenna'. And, so far it's working fine, including the toad tires. I'm glad I saved my money and didn't buy that external antenna.

Cheers!
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I'm using the SmarTire with three antennae, the rearmost is on the white plate behind the receiver, just to one side of center, pointing directly back at the toad. It can pick up the toad even if it is following several seconds back.

Based on that, it may not be necessary to use the third antenna as it is only 11' - 12' further back.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #4

Thanks PressurePro and SmartTire guys, I'm really looking for someone who is using the TST AutoCare+ system - their experience with their Alpine and the TST system.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #5

I have the TST system on my coach and toad, and don't need the antenna boost, although I bought it just in case. I just plug it into the cigarette lighter in the car and leave it on the seat. Closer to the monitors on the tires I want to boost.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Mike n' Mike, where did you locate your PP reciever? I'm not getting the same reception you are with mine under the dash.
zinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Matt,

It's a little above and to the right of the main dashboard.

Good luck with yours!
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Hope I 'm not hijacking this blog, but I have Smart Tire aand Silverleaf. I added smart tire sensors to my jeep. They are sending accurate readings to my Silverleaf but I am getting a red alert on each tire on the jeep. I think that I need to program the PSI and temp on the jeep to correct this. Does any know the correct PSI and temp settings for the Silverleaf for tires that have 40# PSI?
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Jim:

Just program the Silverleaf (SmarTire) receiver PSI to 40 for those axles. It will assume it is 40# at 60 degrees. It uses an algorithm to calculate the correct pressure at the changing temperatures, as you drive. You can also program what pressure is too low and will trigger an alert. It will already know what temperatures are too high.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Jim, They are self programmng for pressure at installation. I suspect Silverleaf would be willing to e-mail you the installation manual which describes the proceedure. If not PM me and I'll arange to get you a copy. Matt
Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #11

Rusty Bear,

I have the Silverleaf Monitor - with SmarTire system for both my 2006 Alpine Coach and a Jeep Grand Cherokee toad. The programming that you need to set the temperature and pressure thresholds is done using the Silverleaf system via the J1708 interface to the SmarTire system. The SmarTire web site does not advertise the needed manual for downloading. However, it is available through a back door. I think Silverleaf and SmarTire had a falling out years ago, so I guess Silverleaf doesn't openly acknowledge them now. When I called Silverleaf for this manual a few years ago, the very helpful technician posted the manual on his web site and told me what Web URL to use to find it. The link for the manual is:

http://www.silverleafelectronics.com...e%20Manual.pdf

This manual tells you how to access the SmarTire programming with the SilverLeaf monitor and how to set the Yellow and Red thresholds. You will need to decide at what temperature and pressure you want a Yellow or Red alert to appear. It is entirely up to you to decide.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
OOPS! Pressure Pro not Smart Tire

Sorry folks, I read Smart Tire and brain registered Pressure Pro for my reply.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #13

I noticed that my link to the Silverleaf manual for the SmarTire system did not work correctly. So, try this link:

http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/files/Tire Pressure Manual.pdf
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Thank you everyone.
I was able to print the smart tire PDF and added it to my files. The system is working well as of now, but I have a rear tire reading on the jeep that is intermittent and I think I need to move the rear antenna to the rear of the frame cross member. I think WRV mounted too far foreword in the coach
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote