Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #1

Trac Vision ??'s

The trac vision is installed on my '01 Alpine. Besides the receiver, is there anything else I need to get sat tv?
The MH does not have a sat controller installed. Perhaps removed during the time the coach was repo'd.

Thanks,
Alex

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #2

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
I assume you did not get the KVH owner's manual with the coach. Looks like you can download it: Finding user guides and tech manuals for KVH products

Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #3

Alex - On my Trac Vision L3, the controller is built into the antenna mounting assembly. However, it requires a compatible receiver to direct antenna position. A serial interface using an RJ 45 or 9 pin serial type connector on the receiver communicates with the antenna controller. Without a compatible interface on the receiver, you will have to get software to manually control the antenna through the serial port of a computer or some special device. The receiver type depends on whether you have Dish or Direct TV.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions. I downloaded the manual. I will need a receiver, but haven't decided on Direct TV or Dishnetwork.
I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond.
HAGD,
Alex
Old 01-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #5

What model of TracVision are you working with? I have worked with a LM and got it all hooked up after buying old receivers off of E-bay that have the serial port to make the in motion work, only to find out that in one month Dish discontinued support of the receivers that I needed to work with the LM. I can no longer use the LM with any receiver so all of my time was wasted for 1 month of use.
2002 Country Coach Magna Journey 37' 455hp. CAT C-12 - our current Family Adventure Ride, 2000 Alpine 36FDSS Cummings 330hp. SOLD 5/2016, 2002 Renagade 21' Toter Home CAT 3046 SOLD 9/08- Henderson, Co.
tillbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #6

Mine is Trac Vision II.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 01-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #7

Tillbuilt - Do you mean you cannot receive Dish signals anymore with your receiver or there is something wrong with antenna control (tracking). I can't imagine Dish transmitting different signals so the receiver doesn't work. If it is an antenna control problem, wouldn't another receiver that has a worknig serial port take care of the problem?