Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Urgent Cummins Engine Problem

After having a bad thermostat replaced by a local shop (OC Fleet Services) my Engine Codes would not clear. They could not clear the engine codes so today I took it to Cummins Cal-Pacific in Downey and they cleared 2 codes but could not clear the code for the Crank Case Pressure sensor. They suggested taking it to Cummins in Bloomington – so I limped up there with it late this afternoon. it would not go over 30 mph & 1700 rpm and the transmission would not up-shift or down-shift properly. I had to leave it there. They just called me and said that the Pressure Sensor is with in specifications and they put in a new one but it was still throwing that code. They tried to say the coach OEM wiring was at fault. At 65,000 miles – I don’t think so. They refused to pull the hatch to look at the wiring because it was too labor intensive! They said take it to a "Dealer" ????

This last summer I had Redlands put in that chip to improve performance and am wondering if it could have gone bad. Anyone else experience anything like this & what did you do to fix it?

#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is the chip easily removed? Might be a way to rule it out.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Going to get it early in the AM In Riverside (Bloomington) and take it to Redlands and see about them checking it - if I can. We had to go back home 45 miles away because Cummins Cal Pacific does not allow you to stay in it.
#75710.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:23 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
For the conclusion of the "Stop Engine" - "Safe Power Mode" with reduced power. We spent 1/2 of Tuesday at Cummins and they incorrectly diagnosed our problem as being an OEM problem & not on Cummins side of engine for a $268 charge. They sent us to Redlands Truck & RV, they spent the whole afternoon CORRECTLY diagnosing the problem as a short in the wiring to the Valve Cover Pressure Sensor that Cummins put in after a recall in 2008. Redlands sent us back to Cummins on Wednesday for them to replace the Sensor and re-program & update the ECM. Someone at Cummins cut out the T/S Performance Chip Redlands had put on last summer so then we had to go back to Redlands for that to be re-wired. In all it cost us $866 and 3 days travel time.
#75710.

Tags
cummins