Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #1

Has anyone received correspondence from Guarranty regarding an extended warranty from US Warranty for late model Alpines? If so do you have any experience with this company? The warranty plan is 'specifically taylored to Alpine owners left without coverage due tp WRV's recent closure.

Jerry and Toni Smith
2006 34 Alpine Limited

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #2

Has anyone received correspondence from Guarranty regarding an extended warranty from US Warranty for late model Alpines? If so do you have any experience with this company? The warranty plan is 'specifically taylored to Alpine owners left without coverage due tp WRV's recent closure.

Jerry and Toni Smith
2006 34 Alpine Limited

Old 05-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Call Bill Schreiber at Guaranty. He faxed a copy to me the other day, but you can't read some of it because of poor quality fax machhine on this end.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #4

The Better Business Bureau rates them B+ and says they have given proper consideration to the 15 complaints over the past 3 years. However,they have not responded to requests for basic information about the company.
It would seem there are three issues here: financial health, willing to pay proper claims, and acceptable contract coverage.
We just bought our new 2007 36 FDTS last November so we wouldn't mind finding reasonable coverage for major issues but I don't these are the guys for us. I'm looking for a sterling track record, a good name and deep, well capitalized, transparent pockets. Generally, Florida (domicile of US Warranty) and Texas are a bit weak on regulating and enforcing insurance laws - at least as concerns life insurance and annuities. New York is tough.
Also, these warranties are high commission items (why do you think that nice person who handled all the sales and registration papers had signs all over his/her office and recommended the coverage) so a direct purchase - if that is possible - should save you some money or increase your coverage.

Clark
Old 05-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #5

I have US warranty and it covers only what is in the contract. It covers no adjustments, water intrution, gaskets, or loose electrical connections of any kind. This warranty seems to cover only thing that very rarely fail. It surly is not a replacement for a manufactures warranty. Out of four claims in a year period they paid one a water pump, leaving me with repair bills in excess of $2000. In my opinion its not worth the money they charge. If you feel you have to have it read the contract closly and ask questions and last but not least GET IT IN WRITING
Old 05-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #6

Before buying Guaranty's policy do yourself a favor and call Jason at Warranty Experts (877) 673-1880, just to compare coverage and rates. I contacted six different extended warranty companies when I was looking for insurance a month ago. I got quotes, coverage details and checked underwriting companies for Guaranty (U.S. Warranty), Good Sam, Warranty Experts, Titan, Repair Master/Warrentech and Xtra Ride. The quote I got from Wanda (I think that was her name) at Guaranty was laughable...About 50% more money for a 50% shorter period...Harold

Being pushed by a 2006
C&H from NorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:02 AM   #7

Before you call the number Harold refers to, do a search on my name for my experience. PM me for more details if you would like.
David
Old 05-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C&H from NorCal:
Before buying Guaranty's policy do yourself a favor and call Jason at Warranty Experts (877) 673-1880, just to compare coverage and rates. .Harold </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the internet! Just did an search on "Warranty Experts"

A couple of their not so satisfied customers:
Ripoff Report

Warranty Reviews
Old 05-26-2008, 06:23 AM   #9

Anyone had any experience with Phoenix
American Warranty Company? This is the company
Uhlman is using and offering at a reduced rate to all Alpine owners.
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C&H from NorCal:
Before buying Guaranty's policy do yourself a favor and call Jason at Warranty Experts (877) 673-1880, just to compare coverage and rates. .Harold </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the internet! Just did an search on "Warranty Experts"

A couple of their not so satisfied customers:
Ripoff Report

Warranty Reviews </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW. I obviously had not read this before I bought. Although I don't know their circumstances I hope I don't have their experience. I did notice, before I bought, they have some very specific requirements for the money back guarantee. I also noticed that most of the problems people have had with Warranty Experts were for policies purchased through a preported "agent" I was suggesting buying from WE direct - no agents...Don't know if it will make a difference...I'm not an agent or rep, just another Alpine owner... ..Harold

Being pushed by a 2006
C&H from NorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #11

We are the "not so proud" owners of the "US Warrenty" from Guarenty......we came in with 8 not major issues...(1 was gas gauge never worked from day one), we were informed only 3 items might be covered....10 days later, of the 3 only 2 were covered and the gas gauge asm. need to be replace and parts were 4 weeks out....after thinking it over we opted to make the 3 hour drive and pick-up our coach and have the local rv shop fix all 8 problems. When we arrived I was billed $350.00 for thier time..with no fixes. Dave at Oregon RV and Light Truck(White City) fixed all issues,changed all the fuilds and PLUGGED in the gas gauge for a total of $950.00
As of this date Gaurenty hasn't credited me back for time spent on the "bad" gas gauge inspection.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:16 AM   #12

I did a lot of research before buying the policy from Warranty Experts to cover only the major items like the driveline. To date, I have had no claims.

The policy clearly states the terms surrounding the refund and the woman complaining did not satisfy them. Consequently, I must discount her tirade.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:21 AM   #13

Jerry & Toni, I purchased the Extraride Platinum policy from our dealer in 2005. It is for 5 years. I have had 3 occasions to use it and it has been excellent. The repair facility contacts Extra ride before the work is done and gets approval. There has been no questions about the cost and the repairs have been made at 3 different locations.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:57 AM   #14

G-Morning Bob, your right,more info might make it easier to understand. The refund was to come from Guarenty, they indicated they actually checked the gas gauge and it was defective and was going to cost over $300.00 to replace, which was covered but was also 4 weeks out, after learning the hard way-we always keep a journel of fuel intake/milage. We had an event in AZ we didn't want to miss and took a chance that our local service guy could just fix it- I gave him the report from Guarenty and Dave(local service guy) called to say it was just a cable not plugged in-less then 10 min. to fix. Guarenty said they would refund me the $115.00 to inspect the gas gauge-I had to send pictures of the gauge at 3/4 and 1/2 full to validate the claim and of course a copy of the bill from Oregon Rv and Light Truck. I have US Warrenty for a 32' 5 wheel Montana that I purchaced and had delivered to the coast where it never has been moved from and I've been vary aware of the "covered" and "not covered" items, the trailer sits in a Rv park that caters to long term rv's and I got there one night to find the interior side of the shore power plug(weather proof recept.had failed) and had totally melted and shorted out and possible have caused more serious problems was not covered. Now, I absolutly love both units especially my Alpine, but from now on after reading what others have done I'll shop around for a warrenty policy that's priced for what you get. The forum is a wonderful place to get needed info and I want to make sure to stay in good graces with all that have more info and experiance that I. I'm new (3yrs) to Rv'ing and
haven't gone full time yet but have made many mistakes that cost me just extra money so far and just reading this forum has helped-I'm head outside to fix(non-warrenty)the door latch arm that holds the door open, thanks to this forum. Thanks for the reply. Ray