Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #1

Vansco Info Update

While the Vansco PDM (Power Distribution Module) and the VM2820 are very reliable, like any electronic part you could have a problem with them. When WRV went out of business Vansco did provide us with Tech Support and sales. I did talk to Norm Benes of Parker Hannifin Canada. He was one who sold these to WRV. Vansco is now Parker Hannifin Canada. He told me they sourced this business out of the company.They selected a local company in case they needed assistance from Parker. The company that handles all of the VMM2820 and PDM is called JCA Electronics. They are the only one that handles the parts and there are no dealers in the US.

The PDM is what they call a dumb module and requires no programming. You just replace the unit.

If the VMM 2820 goes bad, you have to send the good one back to extract the code and reprogram a new one.

I guess we always look on the internet to see what we could find. If you could find a PDM that would be ok. I don't think you would want to buy VM2820 unless you have some way to reprogram it.

JCA contact info for questions or concerns
Lorna is sales administrator or lorna.p@jcarlectronics.ca
Darcy darcy.c@jcaelectronics.ca
204 292 0550

Price for PDM is $1100 plus $15.00 banking transaction fee.Total is $1115.

Estimated Price for the VMM 2820 is $1250 plus $250 for reprogramming and $15.00 banking transaction fee. Total is $1515.

They don't take credit cards and you need to wire funds. You need to pay all shipping expenses and brokerage to and from Canada. You could use UPS or Fed EX to broker and ship it.

Just thought I would pass this information along
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #2

If you only have one circuit go bad, you can rewire the input & output off a relay. I did that w/my "driving lights" instead of go thru the pain of having to send in the module for repair under warranty. I'd do the same for any other circuit.
If the unit fried entirely, I'd get a new one.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #3

Sortly after our 2005 purchase there was a WRV recall of the Vansco VMM. WRV sent both front and rear unprogramed replacements to the Cummins shop in Farmington, NM along with detail replacement instructions which I still have.

In short, the replacement procedure was to turn off both chassis and house power, remove and replace the rear VMM, then turn the power back on. The front VMM would reprogram the rear VMM. The procedure was essentially the same for the front VMM. The rear VMM would now send the program to the front VMM. Worked like a charm and the Cummins tech had no knowledge of the Vansco VMM or similar equipment. I carefully read the instructions to him and he performed the work. I assume that JCA made no mention of this procedure.
Wil Rathke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #4

vcm 2820

Here is a reply when I asked to get a cd of the program as I just had a failure and got a new one which he programed off of the front vcm..he has the program on file now which is explained below.. Mel
Hi Mel, unfortunately you cannot house the program on a CD. We have very specialize equipment and software that is needed to program the VMMs. What we could do is give you the name of the program that we have from this program such that if in the future you need another one replaced you can provide us with this name and we do not need to get one back to learn it (I had informed someone of this earlier but with no response so I will now need to confirm we still have it).

The name I propose is “September 6 2012 VMM 2820 Mel Cummins” if that is OK.

I hope this makes sense to you Mel, please let me know.

Sincerely,
John C Anderson
JCA Electronics
204 292 0550

Melorene is offline   Reply With Quote