Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #1

Vansco Multiplex Module

I know this has been covered in other topics in one way or another, but we are looking for a shop that will assess and possibly fix our VMM in our 2007 34DDS. We are in Wyoming and have no resources here. Does anyone know of a shop in the Denver area we can go to? Or at least somewhere near.

Our VMM in the battery compartment #19 light is out and the chassis batteries that are brand new wont stay charged. We do not have expertise to work on this.

Thanks for any help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #2

Not to down play your situation but there is a huge amount of self-help information, diagnostics, and work around solutions on this forum. Vansco is used in a variety of vehicles, including school buses and other medium/heavy duty trucks. A canvassing of major truck shops in the area might find someone who, with the information on this forum, can help you. Right now, the only function not working on your coach is light #19--battery charging? Assume you have tried turning the main chassis battery switch off, then on, to reset the modules?

Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:56 AM   #3

Thank you for your response, Old Scout. Did not know about school busses. We'll do some more checking. Have read so much info we are now overwhelmed and just want to take it somewhere. :-o
Old 09-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #4

Oh, by the way, yes, we have turned the chassis battery switch off and on and it does not reset.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:33 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Suggest you check the large relay mounted on the back wall of the battery compartment. If it is bad the chassis batteries won't charge and I believe the 19 light will be out....I think.
toad 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:36 AM   #6

Thank you, Jerry.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:49 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
What brand inverter do you have ?
Old 09-11-2016, 02:31 PM   #8

The entire system is Xantrex with a Vansco Multiplex Module operating the batteries and other components.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
On my 06 Apex we had similar issues when we first bought it and after time discovered it was the Xantrex inverter that was doing a slow death. Replaced inverter and have had no other battery issues. Don't know if your problem is inverter but, there is a history in the Alpine Coaches with Xanterx inverters going south.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:54 PM   #10

Thank you!
Old 09-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #11

IMHO every Alpine owner w/the Vansco multiplexed chassis should carry a set of chassis wiring schematics in the coach. Many shops will not work on a rig w/out either tech support or schematics they can follow, as they are playing in the dark and know from experience that isn't good business unless the customer has an open wallet.

I have copies of the schematics for a 2005 Alpine which are close enough to work from for all 2004-09 rigs, along w/a 9pp (and growing) "key" to the wiring codes. The key keeps growing as more issues get ferreted out by tracing the circuit wires. $35 post paid for the large format copies plus the current update on the key document. If you got schematics from me in the past and need an updated key, I can email it to you from my phone wherever I happen to be (in Mexico I have to find a wifi spot so it may be a day or so if we are traveling).
Here is the current version of the Key document, updated today for some adjustments to the BOOST circuit & VMM info based on discussions here on iRV2:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alpine Chassis Circuit# Listing 9.18.16.pdf (151.0 KB, 40 views)