RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #1
ZAB

Alpine Owners Club
Vansco PDM problem

The storage bins on my 2007 rig wont work when on battery power, they work fine when the engine is running. I think the problem is in the pdm unit bus bar 2. Bus bar 1 is on only when the engine is running. Has any one had this problem and what was the fix? All the other HWH items work fine.

ZAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2019, 02:52 PM   #2

That is the correct operation for the PDM. Bus bar 1 outputs are only lighted when the ignition switch is in the accessory or run positions. Bus bar 2 outputs are on all the time. The power led's for both bus bars should always be on.

Old 09-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Is the voltage ok on both battery banks when the engine is off? Should be above 12 volts.
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
ZAB

Alpine Owners Club
vansco pdm

bus 1 is only on when the key is on, bus 2 is showing power on it but no lights until the key is turned on. I have taken the switches for the passenger side cabinets out and find them hot with 13.4 volts.
when I try to open the cabinets on battery they only move about 1/2 inch and I have to start the engine to close them. I question the relay/solenoid or what ever in the pdm.
ZAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:29 PM   #5

Similar problem two years ago. You can wire around PDM using an inline fuse.
The PDM Was out of production at that time. Two years ago there was no plan to resume production. I found one on eBay from Texas and keep the old one as a spare knowing the work around.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:30 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAB View Post
The storage bins on my 2007 rig wont work when on battery power, they work fine when the engine is running. I think the problem is in the pdm unit bus bar 2. Bus bar 1 is on only when the engine is running. Has any one had this problem and what was the fix? All the other HWH items work fine.

ZAB, the HWH pump is a real power hog, it runs in the 100 AH range. I wonder if you tried to extend the slides when plugged in to shore power if you would have any problems? How old are your batteries?

DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem