Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-29-2005, 02:16 PM   #1

Is there a reason I don't see many Maxxair air vent covers on Class A rigs? I have three roof vents and all seem to rattle in direct proportion to the amount of wind and the size of the opening. Wouldn't these covers eliminate most on that? Any input will be most appreciated.

40' 2004 ALPINE COACH FDTS
chris cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2005, 02:16 PM   #2

Is there a reason I don't see many Maxxair air vent covers on Class A rigs? I have three roof vents and all seem to rattle in direct proportion to the amount of wind and the size of the opening. Wouldn't these covers eliminate most on that? Any input will be most appreciated.

40' 2004 ALPINE COACH FDTS
chris cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome Chris Cross:

I see may Class A's with Maxxair vent covers/ or similar Vent covers. I put them on the day we pick up the Alpine in 2001. I recommend them just because they are very useful and allow me to travel with the vents open even in the Rain. The only thing is when we travel with them open I get more wind noise from the front door. If I open the Drivers window it will help in exchanging the air in minutes.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 04:38 PM   #4

Chris......I put Maxxair Model 800 fan/mate on two of my vents (kitchen and bath area) they work great, No rattles....I keep them open all the time. There is a reduction in air flow, but not that much. I also replaced Toilet room fan with Maxxfan Ventilator...works great very quite a moves alot of air. Additionally, replaced holding tank vent caps with RV 360's. I am very pleased with all these modifications.

Mike
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:54 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jedova
Chris,

I installed a Turbo/Maxx in the bathroom vent (in the hallway) of my 1998 a few months ago and we really like it. It seems to have a little more noise than the Fantastic Fan, but I'm assuming that is partially related to the large plastic cowling. We like the ability to reverse the direction of the fan, but we haven't actually used/set the thermostat yet. We also installed an RV 360 on the gray tank, but haven't noticed any differences associated with this change.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:38 PM   #6

We just replaced all three of our Fantastic Fans with the Maxx Fan 5100/5200. We really like them so far and think they pull out as much air as the Fantastic Fan did with the Maxx Air vent covers. The great thing about the Maxx Fan is it will push out or pull in air, it is all incased so you can leave up if it rains, it has four clips that holds the screen cover on so you can get to the blades to clean them easily (that is what sold me) and they are low profile on the roof. After installing the first one it took Mike about 1 hour to install the others. There has been comments that they are noisier then the Fantastic Fans but we do think so at all, in fact we compared them when he was installing them and could not tell any difference.