Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Vin# check

Is there a place to check vin#s for alpine coach???? I would like to get a report on ownership and or carfax type report...

cuemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #2

Hi

Open the generator slide and on the firewall on the driver's side you will see a sticker with the Vin # and build date along with some other info.

Geoff

Old 03-14-2014, 08:07 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
CarFax or AutoCheck can be used to find history of the RV. I used AutoCheck and got all registrations, odometer readings, accident and title reports before I purchased my RV.
AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports Homepage - A Part of Experian.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
hI Shannon & "Whitey",

Welcome to the Alpine Forum on IRV2, we're happy you found us!

There are a few possible sources of info (I typed my VIN into the link that another posted gave in this thread and it doesn't work for me).

A) Go to one of the top threads in this forum, a "sticky" which keeps it at the top, titled Alpine Register. "Takepride" has created a list of VIN's and people jump in with info on their coaches. Page 17 has the latest spreadsheet I can find in that thread (Alpine Register) If it's not in the spreadsheet, you might just use the last 5 digits and do a "search" within the Alpine Forum to see if it turns up.

B) If the coach is of a year to have a Cummins Diagnostic Port (our 2004 does), a diesel mechanic with the proper software on their laptop can hookup to that port and download a lot of information such as the average fuel economy, highest water temp ever attained, 'error codes', etc. Make sure they interpret the report for you as some of what you see that might look like a concern can be explained to be of no consequence by a mechanic.

We did this on a coach located in Vermont before we flew out from Calif. to buy it!

C) Free VIN number decoder for any cars tells me it's an Alpine with a 400 HP diesel engine.

Carfax.com tells me it's a Western RV Alpine and has 3 records. Heck, it's 10 years old and has been to Cummins dealers many times, it ought to have more than that.

Whatever happens, we're here to support you!

Good luck,

2004 Alpine 34 FDDS
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #5

I got my report from InstaVIN.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Prospective alpine buyer

I am looking at a 2005 40fdqs. Had been ordered with queen bed vs king and more side space. Hopefully in a week or so I'll be registering with this forum..
I see some things in forum about front end problems. Is there a fix out there for it if it isn't on this particular coach??
cuemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:31 PM   #7

The only front end issue is the steering bracket, follow the thread here for more info.

Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote