Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #15
WAZ

Alpine Owners Club
Interestingly, I've also thought about doing a manual "Dump" to aid in postioning the jack pads. It seems no matter how hard I try to align those pads with the jacks they end up off center (unless I just get lucky!?). Lowering the coach gets the jacks closer to the ground making it easier to align the pads. [/QUOTE]
WAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #16
WAZ

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAZ View Post
Interestingly, I've also thought about doing a manual "Dump" to aid in postioning the jack pads. It seems no matter how hard I try to align those pads with the jacks they end up off center (unless I just get lucky!?). Lowering the coach gets the jacks closer to the ground making it easier to align the pads.
[/QUOTE]

Bob,

HWH informed me that for whatever reason Alpine's have tendency to creep forward 3 or 4 inches when jacks are deployed automatically. They suggested manually dumping the air, then place your pads under the jacks and then lower jacks manually by pushing the activating button the second time. Hope this affords you hitting the pads dead center.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #17
WAZ

Alpine Owners Club
Disregard my first response and the second one should read "Originally Posted by Bob Bowers"

Sorry about that but I'll learn how to do this. I Hope.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Jeff:

It really sounds like the ignition switch is the problem (or the wiring to/from it). No power should be supplied to the warning lights panel or buzzer when the key is in the accessory position (key to the left). However, power IS supplied to the HWH panel by both the ignition and the accessory position. Maybe the supply wire was inadvertently moved to the wrong terminal when other work was being done. Or worse, maybe you have an ignition to accessory short. If so, it is hopefully at the ignition switch.

Along those lines, I'm one day thinking of changing the buzzer to a less annoying chime, though avoiding the annoying sound serves a practical function.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Jeff-Cheryl & All,
I noticed after putting in the steering gear bracket, the coach is way steadier at least from a steering standpoint. Much better control all around, we are coming up on 26.5K miles, and so maybe late this year or early next it's new tires (Michelins) and Koni Shocks. No other things are planned other than regular maintenance I hope.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Update on Buzzer Issue

Since starting this thread, I've had occasion to deploy jacks 3 times. First time lights on dash came on and buzzer went off (). Tried the chasis disconnect with no change in status. Called a HWH mobile service tech and got an appt for him to take a look. Called HWH and they gave me a couple of suggestions. The next time I need to deploy the jacks, all was well, no unusual lights and no buzzer! Same thing the third time I deployed the jacks as well. HWH tech did some additional trouble shooting and could not find a malfunction. We took off the faceplate for the control system. It appears that the coaches with the pivot for accessing the control panel has more than enough wire in the wireing harness. Tech thinks the most likely problen is either the main control unit or the control panel has a problem. His suggestion was to send them to HWH for testing and/or repair. When I have a few weeks where the coach can sit unused, I'll give that a try. Also, I'll have the ignition switch inspected for wear and tear. Thank-you all for the suggestions and advice.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #21

Probably cheaper to have the ignition switch replaced than "diagnosed." Lots faster to take one out & put one in vs. playing around testing.

If that works, then Bob's your uncle. If not, then Bob isn't your uncle, and you can move on to more detailed diagnosis other places.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Mike,
Makes sense. Either way I suppose I'll just be bobbing along.