Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
With the demise of WRV is it reasonable to expect Guaranty RV, or whomever you purchased from, will pickup the balance of the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty or did that go down the tubes with WRV?

2006 - 36MD Alpine

Being pushed by a 2006
C&H from NorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
With the demise of WRV is it reasonable to expect Guaranty RV, or whomever you purchased from, will pickup the balance of the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty or did that go down the tubes with WRV?

2006 - 36MD Alpine

Being pushed by a 2006
C&H from NorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:21 AM   #3
Has WRV really gone "down the tubes", petitioned the court for a declaration of bankruptcy or officially gone "Out of business"?

As I understand it, WRV has not; merely ceasing operation on a temporary basis. As such, it still has warranty obligations for the remainder of the stated period.

Regardless, where does that leave us? In a position to seek remedy through the Court by instituting a "Class-Action" suit? If we were to prevail in this, what would it get us?

However, I'd take odds that WRV even smells the probability of a suit, I'd bet good money a declaration of bankruptcy will follow. We'd get Bupkus from that.

As I don't really know what's going on and can only speculate as to the ultimate outcome, I'd give WRV time to either seek a buyer for the assets and name, or declare bankruptcy. That way I'd know what the situation is.

If we, collectively, make it difficult for WRV to attract a buyer by emphasizing our displeasure, we are sure to lose.

Our expresssed outrage will probably result in a final determination none of us want.

As far as any Dealer picking up warranty liability, that won't happen on other than a courtesy basis. They did not have the warranty liability in the 1st instance; relying on WRV for reimbursement. Without recourse, they're sure not going to assume it now.
Bob (Squidly Down Under) & Peg - 2013 Ford Focus pushing a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser 2552S
"In God we trust" to preserve our country and bring our Troops safely home.
Carry on, regardless..................
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
Obviously some folks have been more successful than others in their Warranty relationship with WRV than others. Personnally, I have seen no change since last weeks announcement as over the last 3 1/2 years. Lost requests and orders for parts, unanwsered phone inquiries,and reimbursements not delivered; opps one thing has changed. After searching since November for help with a cracked Charge Air Cooler, I did make contact with the part manufacturer and found them sympathetic and very responsive. Dealing direct I should finally have the part in a few weeks and the Phoeinx may rise again.

As the industry falls on its butt many small suppliers may now deal directly with desperate owners,this forum can provide contacts. The trick will be to coordinate with Extended Warranty Companies to qualify for reimbursements, but I would rather be rolling while dealing with them.
skyguy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
Tiffin Owners Club
Hi, silly question but with the demise of WRV, are the components (engine, tranny, appliances, etc) still under warranty from the original manufacturer (Cummins, Allison, Onan, etc) if the motorhome is still under warranty?
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
Yes, drivetrain components and appliances like refridgerators, furnaces and air conditioners will have the same warranty they always have. The warranty beyond the first year may not be full parts and labor, depending on the component.
Big Service Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:44 AM   #7
I've had warranty service performed by Cummins with no problem on my 2003 36FDDS. The location was Yakima, and they certainly were aware of WRV's demise.

It's my understanding that dealers were given the opportunity to purchase parts, etc. from WRV. There will be an auction today of the remaining WRV inventory.

Alpine Coach Owners Forum Member
clkrik is offline   Reply With Quote