Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #1

Has anyone used the Clean Dump RV Macerator system on their coach? The RV Sani-Con is another system that is on the market and is able to pump further and up a steeper grade. Does anyone have either of these units or some other that are available?

40MDTS
anthem4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I installed the CLEAN DUMP SYSTEM from RV Upgrades last summer.
We were camping on our front lawn while we were working remodeling our new home.
It worked very well and pumped over 75' to septic system. The mancerator works as it should just ask women not to drop napkins into tank or you will have a job on your hands.
I found you can use 1 1/4" black drain hose, much cheeper, if you have a distance to dump point.
Other systems will also work well and RV Upgrades was great to order from.
All material comes with it and line to batteries was ample, placed switch near pump for easier operation. My tank dump space is small area but large flex drain to pump was easily formed in small space.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another satisfied Clean Dump user!

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
I had considered installing one, but my tank drains sit so low, I can't figure a way to get anything attached. The outlet is only 3/4" from the floor of the the utility bay.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I use the SaniCon when I have to dumpa t home. It pumps the "stuff" about 75' to the house drain connection. I do not bother to take it or to use when traveling as it is more trouble to do the same job. Easier to just gravity dump.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:32 AM   #6

I have SaniCon on board and use it only when I am somewhere where hookups are not a site. Once while at Buddy Gregg in Knoxville and had water & Elect. while there a week for service and the dump site was 75 ft. away. Hooked up SaniCon and pumped both tanks into dump site through a garden hose that I picked up at store. Second time I was a friends house and had water and Electric and dumped into clean out valve in his sewer system. Both times saved unhooking and moving to dump site
Old 03-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
I had considered installing one, but my tank drains sit so low, I can't figure a way to get anything attached. The outlet is only 3/4" from the floor of the the utility bay.
Takepride,

IIRC, doesn't the drain outlet on the Alpine swivel so that it could be turned to a position parallel to the ground? The outlet isn't rigid.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quite true Jim. However, it is then aimed straight out the bin door, leaving no room in that direction either.

However, my narrow-minded focus ruled out a temporary installation. I was thinking about a permanent install. After reading Ken's and 76's comments, it makes perfect sense. I've had plenty of opportunities to use the setup both while camping and while stored.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
Quite true Jim. However, it is then aimed straight out the bin door, leaving no room in that direction either.
Takepride,

I just spent part of the afternoon installing the Sani-con box mount system on my '04. I am assuming your plumbing is just like mine. My output is close to the bottom like you describe. The box mount version comes with a 45° fitting that fits the output pipe perfectly. The output is aimed about 45° from perpendicular, and the fitting and hose fits right against the frame of the cabinet. I could not have designed it any better myself. I mounted the pump/control box just below the little shower faucet.

The only problem I had was that the control unit blocked access to the soap dispenser, so I removed it and will need to find an alternative to that. No big deal.

I do still need to do the electrical wiring. That should be relatively easy, using the same power source as the power cord reel.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought the FloJet RV waste pump about a year ago on sale at Camping World. I use a 10' (compressible) length of 3" hose with male & female twist fittings to connect to the drain outlet. I use 50' of 5/8" garden hose to reach a sewer inlet on my house. It pumps everything out quite fast and I am happy with it. Since it has a 20 amp fuse, I used 12 gauge wire to the fuse holder on the passenger side tank compartment which is opposite the drain compartment. At first I had tp jamming problems which blew the fuse so I replaced them with 20 amp circuit breakers. Since I switched to rv tp I have had no jams. Clearing a jam involves removing the 3" hose at the pump and using a needle nose plier to remove the wad of tp. That is why using the 3" extension is good because you can lift the pump above the outlet so the hose drains back into the tank before you disconnect it. The motor has a slot in the shaft so you can use a screwdrier to rotate the pump backwards to help clear a jam. However, like I said, I have had no jams since switching tp. I carry the pump with me because I can use it in an emergency to a handy toilet. It also can be used to pump grey water into the black water tank if you have filled the grey water tank. There is always more room in the black water tank. I have pumped through as much as 100' of 5/8" garden hose but that takes longer. Just make darn sure those twist fittings are all the way tight. I had to file the pins on the male to get full rotation.