Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2012, 01:37 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Oh, I forgot to say, the little rocker switch can hang up, and if it does, will cause enough of an air leak the coach won't pump up the air bags. We had that happen one time in Palm Springs, took me five minutes to figure out where it was losing air. It then hit me, jiggled the switch and the leak stopped, hard to hear over the engine running at fast idle. I took a little 3M Dry Silicone Lubricant, and sprayed on the switch and it worked fine after that. I must still have some leak or one component not operating correctly, because the hose used to go in quick, now it takes a while. I think I know what the problem is, but, it's low on my priority list to fix until I know all the other stuff from the accident is fixed. I can live with a slow hose in/out problem.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #16

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraig View Post
Like Monty, I also replaced my hose. I had them install a clear plastic 4" pipe before the discharge nozzle. They can make the hose any length you want, so I added an extra couple feet. If you need a longer hose, you can screw a regular sewer hose onto the nozzle. You have to remove the rubber boot first.

As far as retracting the hose with the air switch, I had a problem with the air valve. While driving down I-5, I started loosing air pressure. When I stopped and got out, air was discharging out the 1 1/2 vent pipe. There was 1/4" air supply line which I plugged with a brass plug. I left it plugged and manually push the hose in now, since I don't like stopping the freeway.
I love the Waste Master system. When extending the sewer hose with the remote control, I would tell unknowing campground neighbors that the end of the hose had a sensor that looked for the sewer connection and connected automatically. But it was not without problems, especially in the beginning with sewer hoses that leaked like a soaker hose. Much better now.

This is the owner's maual.http://www.drainmaster.com/documents...N%20MANUAL.pdf

The system regulates coach air down to 50 psi and routes it to a extend/retract module mounted above the holding tanks. As I remember, this module will pressurize the hose (2 psi) to extend or blow air across a venturi and out the vent pipe to create a vacuum in order to retract the hose. So, if you are blowing air out the vent, I wonder if the air valve is stuck open and can be closed manually to see if the leakage goes away.
If stuck open, the hose will retract when either the extend or retract buttons are pushed according to the owner's manual.

Another obscure early problem was that the 2 psi pressure relief on the extend.retract module (Item "A" page 18 of owner's manual) would blow out. Their fix at the time was to plug the hole with a 5/8" rubber plug secured with an electrical tie.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2386.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	455.3 KB
ID:	27335   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2388.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	383.7 KB
ID:	27336  

Name:	IMG_2389.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	435.4 KB
ID:	27337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2391.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	27338  

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	429.6 KB
ID:	27339  
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #17

I did not bother to trouble shoot why I lost air pressure while driving down the freeway. Found out it was just exhausting out the 1 1/2 vent pipe through the bottom of the mh. In my opinion, the sewer hose slides in easy in the PVC pipe. Just makes one less thing to worry about.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote