Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Waste Master Operation Apex

Hi, we are the new owner's of a 06 Apex and am trying to learn its systems. How does one retract the black water hose. I'v tried the remote, replaced the battery in the remote and in pressing the 2 button I can hear the motor for the trap door cycle it closed or at least I think that's what its doing. Is there a secondary or manual switch that will retract the hose ? Any help is appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
On our Apex in addition to the remote, there is a rocker switch on the left lower side of the hose. Don't know if yours will be the same or not. Chuck will try to take a picture of it and I will try to post it here.

Marca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Sorry, it is on the right side not the left!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121003_235238.png
Views:	59
Size:	370.8 KB
ID:	27215
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
If that does not work you can close both gray and black valves and drain hose and leave valve open on the end of the hose. Then you can manually shove the hose back in. Close the valve on the end when you get it almost shoved in. This procedure is your last resort one if all others fail.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
That is exactly the same as what is on mine. I was fortunate to have found a Apex owner in my city after I posted this who is going to meet me tomorrow to give me some instruction on operation of system(s). Thank you so so much for taking the time to respond to my question.

Regards,
Steve
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
One other thing we thought of is if you don't close the valve on the end of the hose, the air will not retract the hose. We experienced that in our early ownership days. Congratulations on your Apex! We really like ours.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #8

Is the other Apex owner Tom Polk?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Yes I am. And I am on my way to Chula Vista

2006 Alpine Apex 40' MDTS
Coin-Op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
The APEX sewer hose retracts and extends with air pressure, so the engine needs to be running or the system needs to have air pressure in it for it to work. You can manually fill the system via an air chuck in the tank bay, which is opposite side of the services bay; don't go over around 50 PSI when filling the system to be safe. Manual method has already been explained.

The remote and the brain both need to be synronized if the batteries have been removed, there is a proper procedure for that, so you need to call Waste Master for that information. I think if I search enough, I can find that e-mail, but it also may be lost. I just rebuilt my computer and lost all the e-mail addresses I had for alpine and rv'ing folks. They will be happy about that.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Old Rv'er,
Thanks for information. Did have to replace battery in remote, but, it seems to be working ...so far. That is helpful to know about battery and psi. The red light on the waste switch remains on however, I can hear the valve closing and have cross checked by manual method of open and close, thanks to Tom guiding me through systems and how they work. Thinking either sensor is clogged or going bad.
Also, do you know of any instructions available in changing out the black hose out as the one I have has numerous pin holes. Want to upgrade with newer waste master.
Thanks for the help
Steve
Old 10-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Steve, call Waste Systems, they have an indestructible hose for our coach. I had to replace mine and also the hose end, as it leaked. It a great value for the money, you can drive over the hose and it won't break or anything.

In the tank bay, Passenger Side across from the service bay, there are some power and indicator connectors coming off the valves, they look like PC Hard Drive connectors of years past. Disconnect them one at a time, and put some Vaseline in each end. Put them back together, and that should clear up the light issue since the connection is most likely dirty. Do this for both of them.

Are the valves at a 45 degree angle or are they perfectly horizontal? If they are horizontal, then you need to move them to the 45 or 90 degree angle up, so they work correctly. Send me a Personal Message with your e-mail and I will send you some documents I have on the system.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #13

Like Monty, I also replaced my hose. I had them install a clear plastic 4" pipe before the discharge nozzle. They can make the hose any length you want, so I added an extra couple feet. If you need a longer hose, you can screw a regular sewer hose onto the nozzle. You have to remove the rubber boot first.

As far as retracting the hose with the air switch, I had a problem with the air valve. While driving down I-5, I started loosing air pressure. When I stopped and got out, air was discharging out the 1 1/2 vent pipe. There was 1/4" air supply line which I plugged with a brass plug. I left it plugged and manually push the hose in now, since I don't like stopping the freeway.
2007 Apex MDTS (425 hp) #75723
2007 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Ram Laramie 3500
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Kraig,
I ordered the replacement hose and valve tonight and think I can do the R/R myself, at least give a try. How did you lose pressure and what should I look for to make sure I don't run into the same issue. And I agree, stopping on freeway could ruin the fun.