Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2005, 06:10 PM   #1

I guess things were just going too good for me...

First, I had the coach washed and waxed after the trip. Don't mind doing it myself, but with all the bugs, I figured I let a mobile crew do it.

Well, to remove the water spots from the windows (WRV was supposed to do it at CPU, but I was in a hurry), they used an acid-based water spot remover. It apparently dissolved a coating on the Solarcool window. It looks pretty bad and I have to replace it.

How does one get water spots off these windows??

Second, I got cut off taking the coach home and braked hard enough to send the Karadon sink cover flying to the front of the coach. It shattered on the tile floor. Walt warned me about this one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2005, 06:10 PM   #2

I guess things were just going too good for me...

First, I had the coach washed and waxed after the trip. Don't mind doing it myself, but with all the bugs, I figured I let a mobile crew do it.

Well, to remove the water spots from the windows (WRV was supposed to do it at CPU, but I was in a hurry), they used an acid-based water spot remover. It apparently dissolved a coating on the Solarcool window. It looks pretty bad and I have to replace it.

How does one get water spots off these windows??

Second, I got cut off taking the coach home and braked hard enough to send the Karadon sink cover flying to the front of the coach. It shattered on the tile floor. Walt warned me about this one.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:25 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Jim and Mary,

Cruzer wrote that Mothers Chrome Polish works great, even has directions on the label. Check to see if it will harm the Solarcool coating.
I never thought of the sink covers taking flight. I did slam the brakes and had a small heater fly off the galley counter. That was the last time we had heavy objects on the counter. Now we just keep bread on it. That panic stop rearranged ALL the items in our cabinets.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #4
RJF

During my test drive of a Alpine last winter the sink inserts were stored. I was warned that with a quick stop they could take flight. We have our Coffeemaker secured with the tv holddowns and velcro.
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:52 AM   #5

Izzy's crew @ the factory used 3M "Professional" liquid buffing compound to remove our spots, but they also used a foaming window cleaner along w/it to keep it liquid (the thinner dries out leaving a viscous or even powder paste after not very long). If you let it cake up, you can scratch the glass, which happened over our sink, leaving swirls that show up great when the sun streams in. Otherwise, it worked perfectly.
Also, see the prior thread Water Spots on Windows.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:57 PM   #6

Jim:

............ Okay, now your have your Alpine..... Now you can loose the picture of the scooter.

We are home this weekend, if you are out and about in your new toy, stop by, would love to see it.

Take care,

Walt

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #7

Hey Walt,

We'll try to get by on Sunday.

It's not a scooter, it's a sport touring motorcycle and you're hurting its feelings...
Old 08-25-2005, 04:32 PM   #8

Just to be clear on the flying Karadon, our 34' floorplan has an "L" shaped kitchen counter with the double-sink facing the back of the motorhome.

The cover closest to the aisle went flying when I braked hard on a rough road. The other Karadon covers stayed in place. I think the combination of bumpy road and braking and position, just converged for a shattering experience.