Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #15

Good luck on the rotator cuff surgery Frank. I had mine about 12 years ago... good movement afterwards, with some residual pain even now in the area. Biggest problem was trying to write with my left hand (right handed with right shoulder done)

I too am interested in the RO system.. maybe not just yet but in near future. Will contact you then

Hugh

hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
HUGH & CYNDI, GAIL & JOHN, ET-ALL;

THANKS FOR YOUR KIND THOUGHTS. JUST SO YOU KNOW, I HAD MY FIRST (RIGHT)ROTATOR CUFF ABOUT 25 YEARS AGO - IT WAS COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM THE HUMERUS AND HAD TO BE MECHANICALY HELD IN PLACE WHILE IT HEALED. IT TOOK A YEAR FOR THE SWELLING TO GO DOWN. SINCE THEN, I HAVE HAD ANOTHER REPAIR ON THE RIGHT AND ONE ON THE LEFT; NOW I'M HAVING MY THIRD ON THE RIGHT - BETWEEN THESE AND MY MULTIPLE KNEE REPAIRS, INCLUDING A REPLACEMEMT A YEAR AGO, MY ORTHOPOD HAS A TOTAL OF ELEVEN SURGICAL REPAIRS ON MY BODY. HE'S REALLY GOOD, AS I'M STILL ABLE TO SKI AND PLAY LOTS OF TENNIS. BOTTOM LINE IS THAT I SEEM TO HAVE GENETICALY WEAK JOINTS. I REALY DO THINK I'LL BE OUT OF HERE 10 DAYS AFTER THE REPAIR - OR ELSE!

WHENEVER ANY OF YOU ARE READY, JUST GIVE ME A CALL TO SEE WHERE I AM - I MAY BE IN YOUR BACK YARD WITH SOME GOODIES IN MY TOAD.

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #17

We bought a Boji system http://www.bojifilters.com/ and have been very happy with it. It is a RV/Marine unit and I ran across it as quite a few boaters had them when we came up the ICW back in 2003 bringing our catamaran north to Annapolis from the Caribbean. We have the high capacity unit and only refill the salt about once a month. I can wash the Alpine and not get water spots(in the shade).

Stu
Old 01-14-2007, 05:30 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
HI STU,

YOUR BOJI UNIT IS SIMILAR TO THE SOFTENER SOLD BY CAMPING WORLD. IT WILL HELP LESSEN SPOTS, HOWEVER IT ONLY REMOVES THE + IONS, SO IF YOU HAVE SILICA (- ION), YOU'RE GOING TO GET SPOTS EVERYWHERE. I THINK THE END USER HAS TO DECIDE IF THEY WANT PURIFIED WATER OR SOFT WATER. AS A CULLIGAN MAN, WE USED TO TALK ABOUT SOFTENED WATER AS THE "UTILITY" WATER - FOR BATHING/WASHING, ETC., WHILE PURIFIED WATER WAS FOR DRINKING ONLY. PURIFYING ENOUGH WATER FOR A WHOLE HOUSE APPLICATION COST MY CUSTOMERS FROM $10K TO $30K, DEPENDING ON THE SIZE AND DEGREE OF SOPHISTICATION. IN A MOTOR COACH, IT'S MORE REALISTIC TO PURIFY ALL THE WATER BECAUSE WE DON'T USE VERY MUCH.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

Vagabondman
Old 01-14-2007, 06:08 PM   #19

Hi Frank,

I understand and agree with you. When we had our boat we had a Spectra 12V Reverse osmosis system, and it made wonderful water from the time we left Cape Town SA until we sold it in Annapolis three years ago. We would get about 11-13 gph using about 1 Amp per gallon of water. We used a 15 and 5 miicron filters and backflushed with the carbon filter. It's amazing the quality of the water. Guests thought we were giving them bottled drinking water and it was really originally salty sea water. I imagine I will wind up with a Vagabond system soon.

Stu
Old 01-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
YEA, RAH, ANOTHER DISCIPLE?

I JUST HOPE VAGABOND KEEPS LIVING UP TO EVERYONE'S EXPECTATIONS.

Vagabondman
Old 01-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Frank:

Sorry to here about the shoulder surgery. I wish you good luck and a fast recovery. I had rotator cuff surgery April of last year (05) I to have good movement unless it is over my head, and I still have residual pain in the area. My Doctor would not let me drive for six weeks after the surgery. I begged him after 4 weeks but he said no until I was six weeks post op. I hope you have better luck than I did.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #22

Frank good luck with your shoulder, I am sure that you'll be back on the mound before the series.

I too am in agreement with all of the other Vagabond users, I would no longer be without it. I am also impressed with Frank's knowlege and his willingness to help and return calls so promptly.
I'll bet he is having a local on his shoulder so that he can return calls.

Sully
Old 01-15-2007, 08:20 AM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WHENEVER ANY OF YOU ARE READY, JUST GIVE ME A CALL TO SEE WHERE I AM - I MAY BE IN YOUR BACK YARD WITH SOME GOODIES IN MY TOAD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the kind offer Frank. I understand your going to be in Indio soon... maybe will stop by and see you then

Wow, you are like the million dollar man with all those ortho surgeries
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #24

Just as an FYI to the original post, I got the Waterking unit because it had a 100 day guarantee, plus, as I said, I had great success in our house when we had magnets. We have had the unit for three weeks and there is a definite difference. For one thing, we don't have the mineral buildup in the commode that we used to have. But even more amazing (to me) is that I used to have to clean out the nozzle of the bathroom sink about once a week because little white chips (presumably from the water heater)would clog the nozzle. In the three weeks since we've attached the unit there has not even been one chip in the nozzle. We have until April to return the unit but so far it has lived up to expectations.

And, yes, it is technically not a softener, but whatever it really is, it appears to have a very positive effect on the quality of the water entering the coach.

gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote