Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Water leak in ceiling area

I was making the bed for the kids for Christmas. After getting that done I looked around to be sure everything was good. I sat on the couch looked around and then looked up and saw STAINING EVERYWHERE! I walked up front and the carpet was wet also. @&$(:;"=+?#! Was my tone of voice. I ran inside the house and called my wife to help put tarps on the roof. Put fans everywhere. Got it dried out pretty well. Took it back to the dealer showed them the problem. They found the leak but now the ceiling looks terrible. HELPPPPPPPPPP!
Davenlsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #2

Is the RV new or used? Used its on you new the warranty should cover.
H-Rambler25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Had a branch fall and crack the AC cover over the bedroom on our '99 during a pretty strong storm. Went out to find water had come in through the AC staining about 1/3 of the bedroom roof.

Let it dry (and replaced the cover) and went and got our little Bissell "Little Green Machine" (older version of the one in the link) and tried it on the ceiling, worked like a charm. Within an hour it was clean as new.

If your Alpine has the same fuzzy white ceiling as ours give it a try.

BTW: you can edit your signature to give a bit of information on your coach so folks will know what kind of RV you're talking about. Figure you have an Alpine seeing as how that's the forum you posted in.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I had a stain on the material ceiling in my rig and I found a product called PROXI stain remover. It comes ready to use and you just spray it on and walk away, let it dry and spray again. Repeat until stain is gone. I found it at a Janitors Warehouse up here in Canada but if you google it, you should find.

Found --- http://www.amazon.com/Proxi-Spray-aw.../dp/B00558W744
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
I have looked for how to display a picture and signature with no luck. Where is it at?
Thanks Dave
Old 12-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Used but 1 month old and 80 miles we've put on .
Old 12-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenlsn View Post
I have looked for how to display a picture and signature with no luck. Where is it at?
Thanks Dave
Go to user CP top left then Edit Signature
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Go to user CP top left then Edit Signature
2 stroker
What he said.

daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
There was an article in the FMCA magazine a while back that discussed removing those water stains. You can use a 50/50 mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide & water to spray on the stains and it literally "eats" that dark stain away. Just spray it vigorously and sit. You can use it as many times as necessary. Most of the stain will disappear but you may still need to use a Green Machine or similar spot remover to get it all.

We had serious stains around the shower dome and bathroom vent where you can't use the Green Machine on it. It looks so much better!

P.S. Make sure the Hydrogen Peroxide is new or really fresh and hasn't been sitting around your house a long time.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #10

Have used this cheap and easy fix a number of times and works like a charm every time with no adverse effects. Using a spray bottle spray a light coat of diluted bleach, 10% bleach - 90%, water will usually do the job unless very dark on the stained area. When stain is gone spray a white vinegar solution on the bleach area to neutralize the bleach and you are done! If too wet you can use a towel to damp dry the area.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks for all the GREAT advise. If the dealership can't fix it then we'll "get ur done"
Old 12-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #12

Dave, could you tell us were they discovered the entry of the water?
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Stanley Steamer is offering specials all the time to clean carpets, their stuff works well on the stains on the ceiling, I saw them take very badly stained carpet, use some spray cleaner and the stains disappeared, then they went over them with their machine. You might be able to get the whole thing done front to rear for their special 99 one room deal.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #14

The spray technique described above works but don't be tempted to rub the spot, just let it dry. Make sure you cover furniture, carpet etc as one spot of bleach/peroxide will ruin your day. I had the same problem when my a/c cover was ripped off in a storm and haven't got rid of the stain completely. If I don't look up I don't notice any more.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, ceiling, water, water leak