Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
I know this topic has been discussed before but my buddy has a 2001 36ft Alpine with very poor water pressure and water flow at every fixture in the coach. He is in the process of installing a new Shurflow 4.0 water pump to help when we are dry camping and also a new city water connection in the service bay. Is there anything else he can do to improve this problem before our next trip. He likes the idea of a built in water pressure regulator, but the factory installed one seems to seriously restrict the flow of water.

Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I know this topic has been discussed before but my buddy has a 2001 36ft Alpine with very poor water pressure and water flow at every fixture in the coach. He is in the process of installing a new Shurflow 4.0 water pump to help when we are dry camping and also a new city water connection in the service bay. Is there anything else he can do to improve this problem before our next trip. He likes the idea of a built in water pressure regulator, but the factory installed one seems to seriously restrict the flow of water.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #3

I just bypassed my built-in regulator with a residential unit from Home Depot. I can walk you through the process if you like. The sediment filters in all the faucets were mostly blocked also. After cleaning them out the water flow was great.

2000 Alpine Coach Limited 36FDS
Lindenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sammie, your watch dog is the best. We have had miniature schnauzers now for 37 years. Currently on 3# and #4. Belle is a 23# light salt and pepper, almost a silver and is 4.5 years old. Teddy is a 30# black and silver that will be 14 in May.

Looks like yours is a dark salt and pepper or possibly a black and silver.

Our trailer has a larger (whole house) regulator that I put together with the right hose end adapters. It regulates the pressure without killing the flow.

Ken
Old 03-19-2007, 06:09 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey, RJ. Whats up?
Old 03-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
What with the low water pressure, in the kitchen, I went through two new filters before I disassembled the faucet head. Found that there was something like 'onion skin' in the faucet. Removed that, and everything works perfectly, even with the new filter.

If'n your lucky, maybe that's all your problems.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:12 PM   #7

Please explain the type of water pressure regulator one needs, ex the one puchased at Home Depot. We have bought a couple at Wal Mart, and they restrict the water pressure too much. We took some chances without any regulator and think pressure was too high at one park and caused our washing machine hose to leak. We started filling our tank and using the water pump, but when doing much washing, we have to frequently fill the water tank.

We have a 2006 Alpine 36'. It is my understanding that they do NOT have a built in regulator. Some on this post seem to have built in regulators. Did WRV do that for earlier ones and then discontinue putting them in?

Thanks for your help on this issue.

Beverly and Buddy
Old 04-23-2007, 05:48 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Some HD and Lowe's carry a 1/2" whole house water regulator. You will have to add a gauge and the hose end adapters to fit the water faucet. It is adjustable and the flow is much better than the little inline regulators.

I had to get mine from a supply house, W.W. Graingers and the thing was about $50.00 plus a trip to Lowes to get the brass adapters.

Ken
Old 04-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #9

May consider installing a Watts Model 263A adjustable pressure regulator w/gauge, pressure range of 10-125 PSI. Should be able to pick one up at a Home Depot. May consider installing pressure regulator downsteam of a whole house filter to insure any debris is caught by filter instead of the screen on inlet side of regulator which could gum up the regulator.
BTF
Old 04-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #10

Thanks for the information. We'll try to get this done in the next few days.

Beverly and Buddy