Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #43

Alpine Owners Club
An Alpine in a Alpine type setting. It was a rough winter.
Somehow I got the other pic in there, near Logan Utah.
The iPhone sometimes isn't as easy to navigate as a computer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-658340582.png
Views:	88
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	11185  
Attached Images

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #44

Alpine Owners Club
Tom, there are only two Alpines painted like ours...with the 06/07 graphics in blue. The Swans did it first with their 40ft mid-door triple slide...since we love blue, we took photos of theirs to guide WRV in painting ours the same.

I don't think there are many out there like yours, either...don't think I've seen even one. Love your snowy pic!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #45

Gail- Sammy must have cruise control on, or she'd need to have her paws on the wheel at all times.

Here's us, on the road north thru Weed, CA.:
Old 06-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #46

Alpine Owners Club
Sammi just loves to drive, that's cause our Alpines are so great on the road! She always uses cruise control to get the best fuel mileage...

Sure wish we were on our way thru Weed, too, as it would be much cooler than here! It'll be another month before we'll escape and head north, that's about as long as we can deal with the 100+ weather without a break.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #47

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refuse1 View Post
Takepride....I think that is the definition of "one extreme to the other" !

Jeff
Both in May and only 30 miles apart!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #48

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StansCustoms View Post
takepride:

Do you find it easier to stay comfortable in the heat...or the cold? I haven't been out in the colder or snowy areas with our Alpine yet.
Stan:

These coaches were designed for cold. Extra insulation, good windows, etc. The same reasons they work well in the heat, too.

My pictures are only a week and 30 miles apart. Of course they are also about 7000 feet apart in altitude.

I love camping in both types of weather. We have spent Christmas in Death Valley and the Grand Canyon, both freezing. I've also boondocked in the desert during freak heat waves. I at least attempt to camp season-appropriate for the most part, but don't worry about temps if others are insistent about a particular destination.

The highest temps were 123 in Las Vegas and the coldest was 10 on the rim of the Grand Canyon. No problems with either. We were able to keep the inside temps at 80 and 70, respectively.