Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
As we are loading for fulltiming today my husband poses the question - how much can we put in the wardrobe slide. It is full of clothes on hangers plus shoes on the bottom. So, how full can you cram it?

Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
As we are loading for fulltiming today my husband poses the question - how much can we put in the wardrobe slide. It is full of clothes on hangers plus shoes on the bottom. So, how full can you cram it?

Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #3

I wouldn't weigh it down too much. If trouble arises when trying to open or close it, you can help it out by pushing or pulling while someone else is holding the switch. If it does seem to get loaded down, it is probably because the slide motor relay is getting pitted or charred. If that happens, you can replace it or do as I did and burnish the contacts.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:27 AM   #4

Hello Barbara and David, Congrats on your fulltiming! All of us have the same problem.
So many "Things" and so little room !!
You may have to install acenter support in the closet as I did. Found all the clothes on the bottom of the closet. A 1 1/2" pole from floor to hanger pole solved the problem.

"Ride it like a Ford"
Old 06-15-2006, 08:11 AM   #5

Barbara,

This may be too late to help you, but you can put a LOT in that wardrobe slide. Ours is full of hanging clothes, folded clothes stacked to the ceiling on the shelf, a hanging shoe bag (full) attached to the rear (side) wall, a smaller shoe bag that hangs from the pole, and various sized plastic storage containers that sit across the entire floor area, a couple of which carry excess bathroom supply items such as shampoo and other like weighted items.

Almost four years fulltiming and never had a problem with the slide.

Mary Whitfield
Old 06-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #6

Hey Barbara:

I find it hard to believe that you can overload that wardrobe slide of yours if all you are stuffing it with are clothes and shoes and blankets, etc. Now if you start piling books in there it might be another matter...

Our model has a deep bathroom vanity with cabinet, etc., as well as the wardrobe. If it's on the same slide mechanism as ours, our slide is a lot heavier than yours.

BTW - fulltiming may have you re-thinking an extensive wardrobe, needing to iron clothes, etc., etc. Casual dressing goes really well with RV living. I'll be curious as to whether you change your style.

Audrey