Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2005, 09:54 AM   #15

Thanks Audrey & John.

when yours came through I was working in front cap because they were short handed with one of their guys recently quiting.
I was a "utility" up there it is a jack of all trades so to say.
I was there long enough and worked on so many different parts of the coaches that I filled in for different depts when someone either got fired , quit or called in sick.
I think the only depts that I never worked in was plumbing, paint, PDI, and QA.

WRVACEMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2005, 03:41 AM   #16

As far as lay offs. Yes about 200 employees were laid off. Since they shut down motor coach and fith wheel, Campers and trailers. It also did not help when they decided to never make another avalanche do to all of the problems they have. Those employees are not expected to go back to work until September.

All and all I can say this about the company. It will definatly be there for a long time, Ron Doyle is a man with great integrity. However in the service department and in the quality control departments there should definatly be some people let go. And I mean from the managment down. There are alot of promises to coach owners that never come through. "And a note from experiance. Think about how long your warranty is and then think about the fact that it can take up to 9 month to get a service appoinment at WRV. Keeping that in mind when you show up for your appointment make sure that they do everything on your list without exception, do not except that they will get you in for another appointment later. Don't let them Mail you the parts as you will never get them. And by all means do not beleive them when they tell you that as long as it has been documented you will be covered at a later date because it will not be.

I will say that WRV makes a good coach as long as we are not talking about the avalanche.
Gary Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:25 AM   #17

I just called and found out that our Factory Rep, Ted Eaton, is no longer there! Ted was terrific! And really helped us configure our 2006 coach sight unseen. I don't think we would have been able to pull it off without his knowledgeable help.

I wonder how they are working with their dealers now, because WRV does not have much presence or exposure here in Texas and building that business with dealers seems pretty critical for WRV sales.

We don't even know how to get hold of Ted - we had planned to send him something.

Audrey
Old 07-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #18

Gary - I have never had a part or documentation promised to me that wasn't sent. Maybe it didn't immediately come but there has never been an issue with promised parts. The only issue I ever had was, prior to Mike's active involvement, the return of phone calls. Of course when phone calls were not returned, it was because the technicians didn't bother to return them. So, instead of your generic comments about WRV NEVER mailing parts, which sounds like it is a general practice of WRV, perhaps it might be more accurate and beneficial to state that we should be prepared to follow-up on the items being mailed in case the customer rep forgets to get them out.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote