Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #1

I was a Western RV Service Writer from Febuary 2005 to June 2005. I have seen heard and done outrageous stuff. I am looking foward to hearing your comments and answering your questions about your service adventures.
Gary Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #2

I was a Western RV Service Writer from Febuary 2005 to June 2005. I have seen heard and done outrageous stuff. I am looking foward to hearing your comments and answering your questions about your service adventures.
Gary Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Gary,
You said you were a Service Writer for WRV until June 2005, what capacity do you presently serve at WRV? Nice to have you on board IRV2, Alpine Forum, will be great to have the company's perspective.
D & D Rich
Great Salt Lake Route
Old 07-01-2005, 11:56 PM   #4

What kind of outrageous stuff?

Audrey
Old 07-02-2005, 12:30 AM   #5

Glad to see another WRV employee on here.

I used to be employed by WRV, but I can tell you the knowledge of the coaches (i worked on **** near everything on them) will last for a lifetime

WRVACEMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:27 AM   #6

Has WRV been laying off people? Seems like you both are former employees maybe?

Audrey
Old 07-02-2005, 06:11 AM   #7

Welcome Gary

Thanks for joining our forum; it is great to have people with a product knowledge base onboard. I'm sure everyone will benefit from your wisdom.

Danny
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:38 PM   #8

Seems to be some turnover @ WRV. I was scheduling my coach pickup @ the factory, and asked to talk to Kane who worked on straightening out my order after the production slow down; Kane went back to stockbrokering (good luck Kane, and thanks for the help). Then I asked for Harry (coach rep for western states) and he is gone to other pursuits as well. Those positions are apparently to be filled (Kane's replacement is already on the job), but some production positions are apparently eliminated for now due to slowdown of sales in higher end coaches. I don't know how many.
For those joining us, thanks in advance for your knowledge & input. There are a lot of things you can no doubt add. For example, in a thread called Anti-lock Brake Light I posted a link to an Arvin Meritor service manual; it appears to have similar master cylinder, but without the power unit used on WRV's coaches that is integral to the MC (if I'm analyzing it right), while the manual has a lot to say about an HCU that I don't think WRV uses at all. If there is a better manual available on line, you folks may know how to find it. That kind of information goes a long way.
Again, thanks in advance & welcome.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #9

How about this one: Although it refers to a WRV Alpine trcuk camper it gives you an idea of the so called service. We took our camper in for some reapirs. Left it there a whole month. The service writer was an 18 year old girl who did not know a drawer from a counter. All she did was complain about her work load. She also wrote up 5th wheel orders. Actually she was so dumb I doubt 7 eleven would hire her!! I saw lots of things at the factory that shocked me to no end. They certainly did not earn my confidence.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:17 PM   #10

I am hearing that most manufacturers are having issues. It is not just Alpine. People will come and go. I just hope that WRV hires the efficient and effective people to handle the issues.

David
rockcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:15 PM   #11

I worked For WRV since 99 right out of high school .
My reason for leaving was a job offer in a field in which I have my degree in (Ag Science)

WRV is a pretty good place to work in my opinion.
Tought me great work ethics which is something I needed when working there for 10 hours during the day and then going straight to my evening classes.
Sure there are layoffs when demand slows but hey its like that everywhere.

Old 07-02-2005, 07:46 PM   #12

Good luck on your new carreer. Stay in touch on the board.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:21 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SteveS:
Good luck on your new carreer. Stay in touch on the board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks a lot man! I plan on staying in touch

Old 07-04-2005, 07:31 AM   #14

Hey that's great WRVACEMP! Congrats on your new job and your degree and all! Thanks for filing us in on your story and it's great to hear that your WRV experience was so positive.

And thanks for your contribution to our coach. You said you worked on it - but you never said which part.

Best of luck in your new career.

Audrey