Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2006, 05:09 AM   #1

We have had damp carpet two times on the bedroom slide. Our bed slides out on the drivers side and the wet part is on the right of the bed. Has anyone had this and found where the water could come in. The first time it happend was after a blowing rain last year and we thought we had brougt the slide in too quick and caused water to get in. This time after a rain we were careful to pull the slide in very slow and wait till all the water ran off the top to store it.
So, we think it must be coming in while it is raining.

Any advise where to look?

Thanks,
Lana and John
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2006, 05:09 AM   #2

We have had damp carpet two times on the bedroom slide. Our bed slides out on the drivers side and the wet part is on the right of the bed. Has anyone had this and found where the water could come in. The first time it happend was after a blowing rain last year and we thought we had brougt the slide in too quick and caused water to get in. This time after a rain we were careful to pull the slide in very slow and wait till all the water ran off the top to store it.
So, we think it must be coming in while it is raining.

Any advise where to look?

Thanks,
Lana and John
Old 08-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #3

had same problem on 05 40MDTS., fixed at factory, stated bad seal.
alpinerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:25 AM   #4

I had same problem and found the aluminum extrusion on the top at the rear inside had 2 loose screws. I removed them and reinstalled them with seal. One was slightly stripped so I also put a piece of Eterabond tape over the area for about 6 inches. Has not leaked sense and I have been in some huge rainstorms with wind blowing from the rear of the coach.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #5

Slide gaskets vary from model year to year but after suffering several "floods" with my 2003, I begged the WRV "fix-it" folks at the Minot ralley to give me some of their special caulk. I filled the holes on the top corners of the slides where the rounded gasket goes over the square slide corners (da!). Also created two small dams of caulk on the top edges of the slide (seen this on a 2006 Apex} to divert any trapped water back under the wall gaskets so it drains to the outside of the coach--two years later and still no floods...dean
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote