Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
What brand backup monitor in 2007 Alpine

Can anyone tell me what brand backup camera system is used in a 2007 Alpine, possibly a 2006 or 2008? I am planning on removing my Silverleaf and sell it. I need to get a backup camera monitor to replace it with before I can do that.

Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2010, 12:29 AM   #2

Dale

When I had my 2000 Alpine, the rear camera went out. I found WRV used a great color monitor and used a cheap different brand black and white camera. I replaced it with Audiovox color camera and worked great.

I found out the monitor and camera don't have to be the same brand. You would need to get monitor that has reverse image or standard image.
This way you could change the image if it reversed on the monitor. I would go online and look for backup monitors. I just checked one online retailer mobilevideo4less.com and it looked like they had some monitors that work.

I do have one question for you if you took out Silverleaf, does it control the HWH jacks? On my Silverleaf, the only way I can control the jacks is through the Silverleaf. Can you operate the jacks without the Silverleaf? I can control everything without the Silverleaf.

2007 Apex MDTS (425 hp) #75723
2007 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Ram Laramie 3500
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Mine is a Voyager. It is sold by Camping World. The distributor is:

LTM Electronics
18242 Enterprise Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

LTM Electronics

and

http://www.ltmrv.com/
Old 08-14-2010, 01:07 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Yeah Dale, same question here. How will you control those jacks, since mine run throught the silverleaf. I don't have an HWH jack control panel. You might since yours is an SE. Everything else I can control without the S/L, but it's still nice to have all that control at one point and not having to run all over the MH to do this or that when setting up.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Thank you everyone for the info. As to the control issue, only the Apex's use the Silver Leaf for coach controls. The standard Sliver Leaf is just a monitor of engine and transmission conditions.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #6

I have the Voyeur model in mine and am getting ready to swap it out for Silverleaf. What's the reason you are dumping the SL?
Old 08-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Dale,

In one of our previous rigs, we decided we wanted a color monitor, so we swapped it out with a system we got from RV Cams...the first ad in your message. I'm with EMike, and would like to know why you are getting rid of your SL.

Be good!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
I am changing over to the VMSpc, that is what I used until we got the new rig. At that time, the VMSpc would not read the information from the new transmissions. Now that Silver Leaf has come out with the new USB VMSpc, that can read the new transmission data, I am replacing the in-dash Silver Leaf with it.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Dale, my 07 has the Voyager monitor. It is about 1" thick and fits in the dash space without cutting. Just need a hole for the wire. The camera cable has four pins. My unit was delivered with a non-functioning monitor and the camera cable had to be replaced. I love my VMSpc. I have a 10" netbook which fits between the binnacle and the side window and displays fascinating info, especially instantaneous mileage. It also give me full Cruise Control status including set speed. I have the old box but will upgrade soon. I cut a hole in the top of the dash hear the center of the windshield and another through the steel bulkhead to run 12 VDC up there. That powers my netbook, Garmin 7200, Zune, and tire monitor.

Rick J Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote