Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #1

What does everyone use for a shower caddy..if you use anything?

We need something..no room for shampoo/conditioner and bar soap on the little corner shelf (2001 model 40').

If you have something tidy that you really like ...pics would be great if you have any....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We put the unit on the shower wall with shampoo, conditioner, liquid soap. Works great.
Also put a bar in the shower for bath towels, it is a spring loaded one, fits at back of shower leave it in at all times. Great place to hang wet towels. Sorry no picts
Good Luck
Rebel
rebelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #3

We have a shower caddy that we hang over the back shower wall. It has suction cups that hold it in place. I think it originally was one that hung on the shower stem and my DW 'modified' it to hang over the shower stall. It has three shelves and places to hang wash cloths, etc.
JohnH59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My DW found one at Wally-World for a full size shower in our sticks and bricks.
We are spending more time in our MH so she took the darned thing and put it in the MH. There is almost enough room for me, '99 Pace Arrow.
When we go to the next park we have to remember to take it down, wrap it in a towel and put it on the floor.
She's happy- so I'm happy.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #5

Stan,
We installed a 3 chamber soap despenser simlar to the items in attached website, the unit we have is self adhesive to the wall. Should be able to find them most anywhere in the 1, 2, 3 or 4 chamber versions. Sure keeps the shower clutter down.
BTF
05 40FDQS
Amazon.com: Better Living The Dispenser Classic 4 Chamber: Beauty
bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
We have a four chamber, but really need only three.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0061.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	12185  
Old 07-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
We have a four chamber, but really need only three.
Takepride

Our shower is reversed on the '01...

We thought about one of these dispensers..but didn't know how reliable the stick on mounting system would hold up.

Do they STAY on..or do they turn loose once in a while?

I looked it some caddys that I thought might be altered an hang on the top of the side glass wall...but none that were easy to adapt.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Stan, we use a similar one as TakePride...we've used it on all 4 of our motorhomes and have never had slippage or any type of problem. Our current one has been in there now for 4 years. The only difference is that ours has a tray underneath where you can put bar soap if you prefer that, and hooks to hang razors, washcloths or whatever. Love it! I'm not home or in the MH right now, but will be next week. I'll try to remember to take a picture to post.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
This one has been up for 8 years without fail. The one in my house has been up for 15. I did accidentally knock one off the wall in my house after 7 years. It took a good whack.

If you're not sure about the security, just put a couple silicone puddles on the backside when mounting.

I've used two types. One where the individual chambers come out of a housing for refill and the other where the entire unit is slid onto a base plate that is mounted/glued to the wall.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #10

Okaay..thanks boys and girls.

If the stick on caddys have worked well for everyone, I really like the look of them.

I think we will get one of those....

I also like the idea rebelone mentioned for wet towels....I really needed a place to hang a couple when I flooded my coach with the flush valve incident.

I havent seen a spring loaded towel rack though..I need to look around for something like that too..

Thanks again everyone....

Tags
shower