Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:40 AM   #15

""The other component manufacturers for the stove, hydro hot, Silverleaf, etc , have all bent over backwards to answer any questions I have had, and offer whatever help they could to remedy issues or knowledge problems I have encountered.""

So why are you bad mouthing KD when all it would take is 1 call/email to get on track to get it set up right. I can just about guarantee you that the problem is not the KD but the set up or end user lack of knowledge of the system. They WILL respond in a timely manner to emails also. Of course, if you just rant at them you may not get any help at all.
I replace my KVH with a KD when the coach was new because of KVH problems at the time. I could not find a negative post re KD. Well, 4 replacement domes later I suggest the local tech swap out the coax. Voila! All of a sudden the KD was good. Never was the KD problem.

Ron

2004 Mt Aire 4301
ronharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Today, I received a DVD from King Dome showing how to install and tune in the satellite system in my coach. If anyone else wants the DVD, you can go to http://www.kingcontrols.com/ - for the latest info and to order one for free.

I learned how to install it, now I will learn how to operate it. Seeing is much better than trying to read it for me.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Oh the dealer called and told me they have fixed the KD so it now finds the satellite. In my letter I mentioned to them, it most likely was a user issue, since, so many systems were thrown at us when we picked up the coach.

Their finding something wrong with it, or their ability to make it work, might be leading me incorrectly to believe something was wrong with it. I won't know for sure until we see them on Friday.

My RANT is with the dealer for not making sure all these systems worked before I field tested it for them, that in my opinion is terrible customer service, and I never give that kind of customer service, and should not have to put up with it from someplace else, especially since I spent over 1/4 million dollars on this thing. If you don't agree, fine, but I believe the customer is still king, that is until someone proves to me I am not.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:45 AM   #18
tcu

Old Rv'er, your idea that the customer is king is a great thought. Great rid of it. You have a good coach with a few problems and you are an orphan with no mother ship. With WRV gone you had best learn how to deal with your dealer and the manufacturers of the components in the coach. If you do not, you will find very quickly they will take a walk on you. You are not the first Alpine owner or any other coach manufacturer owner to have a few problems and I mean from what you have ranted about are few. Slow down and realize the position you are in. All of the companies you are dealing with are quite reputable and normally will bend over backwards to help you. King Dome is certainly one of them. If you continue to bad mouth them they will give you a real quick exit. Between the component manufacturers and the library that Engineer Mike has put together with the help of ACA and all of the Alpine owners you probably have better info than most of the other coach owners with other brands. I will exclude Newell, Prevost and Bluebird. There is little point in including them except I know a couple of those owners that have some problems that you would not believe. Slow down, put your act together and work with these people and you will find that your problems will over time get resolved. Complaing on this forum will truly get you nowwhere. We have all been through it and it is on going. There are many people extremely willing with some tremendous minds that are more than willing to help you resolve your problems.

Ted Ulmer
Old 06-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #19

Check your PMs.
Ted is exactly correct IMO. You have one of the best Coaches on the road. You will learn that your relatively minor problems will/should all be resolved in short order. If you are any kind of a computer person, and I strongly suspect you are, you will know more about most of your systems, including KD, than most with little studying. It will take a little education but you will soon learn when you are being treated like a mushroom by the dealer. You know, kept in the dark and fed BS. lol
You should be able to download anything you need re your TV from Dell website. I have downloaded many manuals over the years. Sometimes it takes a little searching. You may find a forum re the TV also.

Ron

Ron

2004 Mt Aire 4301
ronharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:22 AM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Old Rv'er,

The TV I replaced was the Dell W3202MH, if yours is the same, here is a link to information for you.

Dell TV info.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #21

Come on guys! Get off Old Rv'er's back. Of course he had no action against the dealer, but when did that ever stop someone from suing the wrong person?!?
We have become a society that would rather sue first and ask questions later than do the right thing or ask those who could help for help.
I am pretty sure (please correct me if I am wrong) that the dealer did not build even the smallest part of his coach. Yes, maybe the dealer should have done a better PDI but Old RV'er was the one who signed the papers and paid the money accepting delivery. Do you think he will sue himself for having done that before he did a through inspection? Maybe!
I have only purchased 2 RV's in my life so my experience is limited. One was new and I had problems and one was used and I had problems. In both cases the dealer stepped up to a level beyond what I had expected to fix my problems and both dealers remain high on my list of really good guys.
I am almost 100% certain that had I mentioned that I was going to sue either dealer if they did not fix the problems that they did not create I may have gotten a much different reception the next time I arrived.
Now, if we could just get some legislation passed that says that the losing litigant has to pay all fees associated with the law suit we would return to a Country NOT fueled by the law firms never ending TV commercials that ask "Did you trip and fall? Would you like to?"
Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Adams:
Maybe the dealer should have done a better PDI but Old RV'er was the one who signed the papers and paid the money accepting delivery. Do you think he will sue himself for having done that before he did a through inspection? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel the same way sometimes about the coach we purchased recently but hey, it isn't a piano and a LOT of other companies and people had their hand in its manufacture. The dealer should have done a better PDI...but then so should I because I know better and have been down this road three other times.

Shame on me for not doing it but in my own defense, I had a small school full of people depending on me to get on with the vacation and I didn't want to sideline the trip for a week (that would be the whole trip) to fix the thing. I got a great price. The dealer was very gracious and even though I have had to replace and repair a few items since the purchase, I wouldn't hessitate to purchase from them again...albeit with a bit more time for the PDI, for any fixes...and by MYSELF so no one else was impacted.

Keep your chin up and just deal with it yourself. At least you have a better chance it will be fixed correctly...
Old 06-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
An update, the dealer called today and they have most everything repaired, except the Hydro Hot. I'm not sure what is involved with it until he shows me the paperwork, but it's something about the control board not powering up the mixing valve. I have been in touch with HH (great customer service by the way) and already have a local certified tech to call tomorrow for that repair when we return after the 4th.

I did a thorough inspection prior to purchase, and even made a list with the salesman prior to signing my name. I was assured it all would be taken care of, it was not, for instance the driver's side arm rest fell off if pushed too far to the rear, and it's finally fixed after three trips to the dealer. We did not see any fiberglass damage anywhere (except under the step), but when we picked it up, the upper rear corner had been scratched, and they are very reluctant to fix it.

However, I want to clarify one thing, I do enjoy it when we use the coach, it drives better than some cars I have had, and we like especially the way it's laid out, we even like the dishwasher, although not something we would have ordered. I am working on my "customer service" explanation document, so all can see what I mean about how I deliver it for my customers. If I ran an RV dealership the way I do my Computer Company, I would have them lined up for miles to buy from me. I believe I am going to take the camping world RV maintenance 8 week course when I retire and start a second business, because I believe the demand for a good repair techs for these things will make me enough money on the side to buy diesel.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:56 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I ran an RV dealership the way I do my Computer Company, I would have them lined up for miles to buy from me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The only problem is that you would go broke doing it. The dealer is NOT the manufacturer and only the manufacturer pays the dealer for warranty/PDI work. Do too much and you do it for free. Keep doing it for free and you go broke.
Now, if you want to start building coaches and offering that kind of service, please let me be the first one in line!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Adams:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I ran an RV dealership the way I do my Computer Company, I would have them lined up for miles to buy from me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The only problem is that you would go broke doing it. The dealer is NOT the manufacturer and only the manufacturer pays the dealer for warranty/PDI work. Do too much and you do it for free. Keep doing it for free and you go broke.
Now, if you want to start building coaches and offering that kind of service, please let me be the first one in line! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said Bill, it's reality.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Moto Sat...Amen