Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
I realize that some people are very into ACA intrique, but for those of us who aren't, and who wonder why we even pay dues to an organization that appears to be only for a select few, what the h*ll is going on?

Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I realize that some people are very into ACA intrique, but for those of us who aren't, and who wonder why we even pay dues to an organization that appears to be only for a select few, what the h*ll is going on?

Blog
Old 01-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Barbara,

We belong to the various chapters aligned with the Alpine purely for the camaraderie.

The secret schemes or love affairs should be dealt with in a business (non-profit) environment.

MO
Old 01-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #4

Barb- If I Understood It Correctly, ACA had two issues floating around which some of the officers considered sufficiently important as to require their resignations (so as to punctuate the statement w/a large exclamation point and hopefully kick start some action, or at least remove themselves from any position of blame for inaction). First was management of the Rally Director position via a contract along w/other general fiduciary oversight of finances, and second was conformance of ACA By-Laws to FMCA requirements. The first was/is a fiduciary issue; the second (in its most operative sense) an insurance issue (whether looholes existed so as to allow invoking an exclusion in case of a claim at a rally). Both issues had/have other connotations in addition to the above.

And, IIUIC, the remaining officers have addressed the issues as they see fit, come up w/proposed amended By-Laws and a rally director written agreement and general audit, etc. for membership ratification (maybe @ DRR? or at some other membership opportunity coming to your town soon). The importance attached to the issues by the resigning officers appears to have had the intended effect, and if all is not peachy keen w/the ACA world already, it soon will be.

That's my $.02 Let the incendiary invective/electronic evisceration begin
Old 01-17-2008, 08:58 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
I'm failrly new here, but it looks to me like there is a lot of "MY CLUB IS BETTER THAN YOUR CLUB" going on at this forum.

I joined ACA shortly after we bought our coach and so far none of the rallies have fit in our schedule and after reading some of the c**p on this forum, I am not sure we will want to renew next year, or join a local chapter.

If you kids can't play nice, I don't want to play.

We do belong to other RV clubs that have a good time, without all this B.S.

I am just spouting off and not picking on anyone because I don't understand what is going on.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Jim & Sally,

What you describe holds true for us. And the comment about secret schemes or love affairs certainly makes it seem like this is an inside thing with people from Southern California.

Actually, unless you are located on the west coast, most things they do are not available to others - or they only hold rallies where everyone pays $50+ night. Sorry, but some of us haven't gotten lavish retirement funds or use our coach as a business expense. So we have pretty much decided we won't renew either.

Still love the coach.

Barb
Blog
Old 01-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
My next question would be: Can I join a local chapter without belonging to ACA?
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Barbara,

Sorry you are not re-newing. We have only made it to 2 ACA rallies, but enjoyed both of them. Patty and I have your same perspective on distance, only ours is on a smaller scale. We both still work full time and are more than a few years from retirement. So we pick and choose the close rallies of ACA or SoCal.

Jim,
That would be a question ACA could answer, or definately someone with more knowledge than I have. I will claim ignorance .
Old 01-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Ladies and gentlemen, in keeping with the guidelines of the forum let's be careful not to point our comments toward one another... Differences of opinion are understood and expected, whereas flaming one another (on this website anyway) is not permitted...

THANKS!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Let the incendiary invective/electronic evisceration begin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dang-it Mike, you made me get out my Funk and Wagnall's again!! .

But we need to play nice
Old 01-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
I hope to not see bunkers when I arrive at Quartzsite tomorrow. I may just have to camp down the road a spell.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Barbara wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I realize that some people are very into ACA intrique </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And the comment about secret schemes or love affairs certainly makes it seem like this is an inside thing with people from Southern California.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barbara, I think you misunderstood me. You used the word "intrique". I am not saying anything secret is going on. My statement, "The secret schemes or love affairs should be dealt with in a business (non-profit) environment" (intrigue-secret scheme, clandestine love affair)was in response to your use of the word. that. If the people are in disagreement, we shouldn't air this out on the web with name calling ect. We can keep it in a business setting. Let the elected board members amd membership vote on changes.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:20 AM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

Based on the last twenty four hours worth of time I've spent reading (and responding to members of) the Alpine Owners Forum, there seems to be something going on with respect to several different Owners organizations.
While I welcome each and every one of you to iRV2, we need to get this forum back on track.

Please remember the intent of our website, as defined in the below referenced "Mission Statement".

Our Mission: "Efficiently support the thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experiences among RV enthusiasts

Respecfully,

Bob Gregory
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:37 AM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Jim & Sally,

I will send you a PM to address your question. Please watch for it to show at the right side of the "tool bar" above the messages.

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote