Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:27 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
Monty & Janet,

Chehalis, Washington for Late June through the 5th of July. From there our plans are back to work and nothing concrete for the reminder of the summer other than 4-5 night trips close to home. We might retire come the end of September, if we do, we are going to take a month or so and get the MH squared away for our first cross country trip. Making it all the way to Florida we hope. If that does not work, we will head south and east stopping in Monroe, Louisiana to visit an aunt, then slowly work our way back to Las Vegas for three weeks then end up in Central, CA for the remainder of the winter until I can cross the mountains for home without any snow. These plans are subject to change without notice. No warranty is expressed or implied, and nothing about this schedule should be construed to mean it will happen.

We have several little improvements we want to get completed on the coach prior to our plan, and we have not even made appointments for those yet. Working really gets in the way of fun stuff.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2009, 09:04 AM   #16

Will be in Bend for a week or so next week and then starting north towards summer quarters in Anacortes. This year is a "stay in one place" summer while 2010 will be cross country to New England and the east coast summer. Should get to Fidalgo RV park in Anacortes by end of June. Anyone coming through there, swing by and say 'hello."

Old 05-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Next week Colorado Springs

Late June....Cheyenne, WY & North central TX

Mid August...East Texas

Late August Rocky Mountain Natl Park

Those are the plans....I'm sure there will be a couple of "spontanious" weekends in there also....
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #18

We just returned from a trip to Niagara Falls, with stops in the mid-west and UP of Michigan on the way. We also made a stops to see the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown, the Henry Ford Museum, various other museums and sights, and some factory tours at Winnebago, John Deere, and Harley-Davidson.

Being a race fan, while in upstate NY we went by the Watkins Glen road course racetrack. We drove by the track and asked the gate if there was any place to get a view of the track. She told us that almost every day at noon, depending on track use, for $25 they would allow you to drive 3 laps around the race track in your car behind a pace car. Although the flier said top speed would be 55 mph, I hit 80 in the CR-V toad trying to keep up! It wasn't a little scenic cruise around the track. I asked for future reference if I could have driven my motorhome around the track, I was told yes! So if anybody is in upstate NY and wants a real thrill, give it a shot in the Alpine Coach and see how they REALLY handle!!! I wish we had stayed another day.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #19

Jim this is definitely going on my list of thing's I have to do!!!!!!!

M.Kelley
Old 07-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #20

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best route to take from FLORIDA to MAINE and good RV parks to overnight in (easy access to the Interstate with pull-thrus and cheap prices)?

We have had an especially hard time finding good places to stay in the NE area between Virginia and Maine.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Like life, things change. We have a free weekend at Eagles Nest Resort in Ilwaco, WA for the end of July, then back to work. I have decided that Retirement is the end of August at least for me, will get coach ready for 10-12 day trip early September. Leavenworth, WA and Crescent Bar Thousand Trails parks and maybe Bend, OR will take up that one. Then home until October, when we will go to the Oregon Coast for at least two weeks, Pacific City, Whalers Rest and South Jetty Thousand Trails again. Come early November we will start our sojourn south and east to Florida for school. Come March/April we will be heading back home to Vancouver, WA.

And we had a couple alpines stay at the TT Chehalis, WA campground over the 4th and we tried to say hello, but you only stayed one evening, and it's rude to knock late or too early. Did meet a nice fellow from Texas who was up visiting with a 03 Alpine, we chatted several times.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Monty and Janet, and all,

We live in Sisters, Oregon--20 miles west of Bend--and we'd love to meet any one passing through this neck of the woods!

John and Lori
Old 07-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #23

Doing our annual trek to Diamond Lake this weekend for 6 days.
Diamond Lake RV is the only park that fits a 40' - good 20 min. access to one of the most beautiful places on earth = Crater Lake as well as Water Fall Drive - Hwy. 138. Hiking is Great & Biking Diamond Lake Bike Trail is fantastic.
We never tire of all the different shades of Blue that Crater Lake has - and to swim in Crater is unforgettable.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #24

Old Rv'er,

If you go to Leavenworth, don't go to the KOA!!! I was barely able to turn around just to leave when I was informed that they were booked solid. There is another RV park (listed in the AAA book, I believe) that is much better suited for big rigs. But it is slightly farther out of town. Defininitely worth the drive over the KOA. We had a site on the hill overlooking the river.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Blu-Shastin is the name. Best park in the area, although out of town a bit.

We are in Nephi UT heading to Zion. Having a problem a day. Met Gary & Rene in Glenns Ferry, ID. They & Bill were good help during HWH failure.

Thanks, guys!
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #26

Ann & I just back from La Paz, Baja Sur (latitude 24 for those who want to program it into GPS). If its too cold for you where you are, its 99 & 95% in La Paz. That'll warm the cockles of your heart (whatever the heck cockles are).
Old 07-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggery View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best route to take from FLORIDA to MAINE and good RV parks to overnight in (easy access to the Interstate with pull-thrus and cheap prices)?

We have had an especially hard time finding good places to stay in the NE area between Virginia and Maine.
Normandy Farms in Foxboro, Ma. Not the cheapest but worth it! Just a few minutes from 495 or 95.

Dan
Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #28

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Seacliff State Beach, right on the water just south of Santa Cruz california. Hope Arnold doesn't shut it down along with 90% of California's state parks.

toad 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote