Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #1

Where is the Coach Fuse Panel

I just bought a 2005 Alpine 40 Class A and I need to find the fuse panel for things like the headlights, turn signals, engine ac. I have looked everywhere I can think of. Found the stuff behind the panel in front of the passenger seat but no fuses there. I know where the house fuses and circuit breakers are. Found the fuses for the HWH leveling system. I just can not find the fuses for the chasse system.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrl5774 View Post
I just bought a 2005 Alpine 40 Class A and I need to find the fuse panel for things like the headlights, turn signals, engine ac. I have looked everywhere I can think of. Found the stuff behind the panel in front of the passenger seat but no fuses there. I know where the house fuses and circuit breakers are. Found the fuses for the HWH leveling system. I just can not find the fuses for the chasse system.

WRL5774, welcome to IRV2 and Alpine ownership. You will find lots of information here on IRV2, just use the search function at the top of the forum, if you can not find an answer ask here on the forum.

Starting in 2004 WRV did away with most chassis fuses when they started using the Vansco units (there is one in "the stuff behind the panel in front of the passenger seat" as well as in the battery bay. You did not say what your specific problem is, but the UNIVERSAL first step, and a lot of times the last step, is to reboot the Vanscos. That is done by disconnecting the batteries by throwing both the chassis (located in the battery compartment) and the house (located on the right as you enter the coach) disconnects. Leave them off for about 30 seconds then turn them on, the order does not matter. As these units boot up they talk to each other then activate the PDU, next to the Vanscos. The PDU's are the "fuses/circuit breakers" for most things on the coach. Once you have everything operation properly it is wise to take a photograph of the both the Vanscos and the PDU's as a baseline in the future. You can find more information in the tech library, go to the sticky above "Alpine tech library - for real".

If this does not fix your problems please respond with your symptoms.

If you are not already a member, you should join ACA (Alpine Coach Association) and since you are in Michigan, ACE (Alpine Coach East). If you are not aware, FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) is having the summer family reunion in Springfield, Massachusetts August 3-6, there will be 5 or 6 Alpines in attendance. If you want more information about any of the above PM (Private Message) me.

DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:11 AM   #3

Thanks

I did register as a user. I am finding this site difficult to navigate. I will do a search on the Vansco Unit as I am not familiar with this in anyway. I installed a new dash radio so I could listen to my self made MP3 disks. Love that old country and rock from the 50s and 60s. In doing so the new radio snagged a vac line on the back of the switch that selects the duct/vents for the Dash HVAC system to blow air out of. When I found the problem and reconnected it, the Dash AC would no longer cool. I suspect the closed duct caused the system to build to much pressure and trip an overload, fuse, breaker. I'm just looking to reset the system and hope it resolves the problem. Thank you for your answer and I will operate the disconnects as noted and hope for the best.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:48 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Where is the Coach Fuse Panel

Look to see if you snagged anything else too and let us know what you find.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:09 AM   #5

You may have snagged more than one hose and replaced the other in the wrong place. it happened to me. You need to look carefully at the back of the connections on the switch and see if any other hoses are off or loose. Also locate the cutoff switches in the battery compartment and reset Vansco by turning off chassis and coach batteries. This resets the Vansco and corrects most 12V issues.
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:54 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Some models put the chassis fuse block in the tank bay. I found ours in the wet bay behind the inner door where the inverter, hydro hot etc. live.
2006 Alpine Apex M-40FDQS #75594
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:46 AM   #7

Thanks for all the info. I did check all the lines and the only vac line I pulled was the black one. I reset the Vansco System. I have lots of air moving out of the vent after I reconnected the Vac line to the switch. Now I just need to go for a run and see how cold the ac gets.

Tags
fuse, panel