RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #1

Where to have serviced and how much $$ to expect.

Looking to have the engine and Genset serviced as well as the coolant filter and hydraulic filters.

I'm usually a DYI'er but don't have the time right now,

What should I expect as a reasonable estimate?

Also, best place to take it in the Seattle area, prefer north end up to about Marysville, and east to Monroe.

Randy_re is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #2

Being from the Houston area I obviously can't respond to "where to get the work done" part of your question. With regards to cost, this price list from the mobile RV lube company I use in the Houston area is one view of the costs you could expect for the work you want performed --> RV Mobile Lube - Services & Prices

fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:09 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I know it isn't exactly where you want but we have used North Cascade Truck and RV in North Bend and were very satisfied with their work. Phone: 425-888-1886
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:01 PM   #4

For engine oil, filter, fuel filters and air filter at Cummins, expect $600+. This is for a complete service which includes such things as a chassis lube, inspection of belts, hoses, fluid levels and condition. Add $150-200 for the generator. Speedo can provide a similar service for less than $300, sans genset.

There are 2, separate hydraulic systems on the coach. One for brakes, power steering and radiator cooling fan, the other for slides, jacks and Smart beds, if so equipped. I haven't had the hydraulic service performed, but seem to recall the cost being a few hundred dollars?

If the coolant can be refreshed, cost will be minimal. On the other end of the spectrum, flushing out the old coolant and replacing with OAT coolant is another $600+ project. Add more if you elect to replace hoses at the same time.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #5

…..check out recent posts from "Hambone" on establishing a baseline for deferred and future maintenance actions on your new coach......welcome to the "Alpine Nation!" Check out the ACA website at alpinecoachassociation.com and consider joining ACA and/or one of our sister Alpine chapters--best $15 you will ever spend on your coach.....
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
I know it isn't exactly where you want but we have used North Cascade Truck and RV in North Bend and were very satisfied with their work. Phone: 425-888-1886
Might be worth the trip. The other option is waiting until we make Spokane and do it at Speedco.
Randy_re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #7

Sounds like you may be close to Yakima where WRV was located. Cummins NW in Yakima helped WRV in the early production of the Alpines and used to send a rep to the rallies and RV shows with WRV. Whenever I was in that area and needed service, I would go there because they knew the Alpines so well. It has been awhile since I was there, I know the rep is no longer there but some of the mechanics may be and could give you insight into the drive train and what to look out for. They will charge at the Cummins rate, but to me its worth it to get someone who knows the Peak chassis.

Jim Durley
2004 Alpine 40MDTS

Jim Durley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service