Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #1

I've been researching motorhomes for a few years now. I liked what I saw on the WRV website when they were still in business. I even went west for a factory tour 11 days before they locked the doors. This forum discusses many issues that owners have had with the coach. I'd like to hear your reasons why you love/like your Alpine and why you think it's better then other coaches. Also are then any years where you feel the quality was at a higher level. Thanks for your input!
mncanoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #2

I've been researching motorhomes for a few years now. I liked what I saw on the WRV website when they were still in business. I even went west for a factory tour 11 days before they locked the doors. This forum discusses many issues that owners have had with the coach. I'd like to hear your reasons why you love/like your Alpine and why you think it's better then other coaches. Also are then any years where you feel the quality was at a higher level. Thanks for your input!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #3

1) truly a great driving experience
2) great pricing for what you get (I'm assuming, haven't checked the price on the street lately)
Old 11-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #4

We have a 2005 36' Double slide Alpine which we bought new, trading in a CC we had many problems with during the first 6 mos. We LOVE our Alpine. We have had no problems with the coach. The only troubles we have had have been with items that come with any coach ie: jacks, refrigerator and micro/conv oven. All have been taken care of by their manufacturers separate from WRV. We have all the power to climb any hill and the jake brake holds on the downgrades wonderfully. It drives like a sports car and is the most comfortable rig we have had. We have had 4 diesel pushers and the Alpine is by far the best.
Gary & Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:02 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome Mncanoer:

I have owned an Alpine since 2001 and I personally love it. My wife and I researched and test drove several Motorhomes in the year that we were looking and we settled on the Alpine and have not regretted or choice. I found that the PEAK chassis is well built and the best handling on the market. The overall construction is good. Most of the problems we face is the equipment/options that were installed in the coach, and all manufactures use the same equipment. Yes WRV is gone and in this economy I think a few more manufactures are going to close before things get better.

One last thing is you meet the nicest people in an Alpine.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
mncanoer,

It is a tough decision, isn't it? We went thru the same thing when considering upgrading form our first rig, a new 2003 Safari Trek to our current (used) 2004 Alpine. I kind of narrowed it down to the Alpine and the Country Coach. One year, when passing thru Junction City, OR, we stopped in at Guaranty RV. They had many examples of both brands, both new and used, on their lot. In most cases, my wife didn't care for the kitchens in the CC but thought the Alpine was better laid-out. And, I'd kept hearing about the wonderful handling of the Alpine.

So, we bought an Alpine and absolutely LOVE it. All the folks that say it handles great are giving you the straight stuff!

One of the resources we used in our research was a website: rversonline. They documented their search for the best diesel pusher in a series of online articles starting here: http://www.rversonline.org/IndexDieselPusher.html

After you get done with those 8 articles, go back to their main page (rversonline.com) and select Articles, Editorials (etc) Alpine Purchase 06 for the rest of the story.

Other than the handling, I think the one thing I like the most is the big water and wastewater tanks. We can boondock for many days with the size of these tanks.

Luck!
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:57 AM   #7

We have a 2007 36' Dual Slide. This is our 3rd motorhome and the first diesel. We drove a bunch of units and the test to me is how my wife likes how well they drive. There was no contest between our Alpine and the Country Coach, Bounder, Monaco's, or the Win's.

We have had the joyful hydrolic leak in the wardrobe slide and some other components. But the alpine itself has been flawless and a joy to drive.
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #8

We have had our coach since May, 2005 and we love it. Have we had problems? Sure... but no more (and seemingly fewer) than many other folks. To us, one of the primary advantages was the responsiveness and competence of the customer service folks. Unfortunately, that advantage no longer exists. However, the Alpine Coach community is extremely supportive and knowledgeable and rarely does a posted problem go unaddressed. We've noticed that many coaches put in a lot of "fluff" to make a coach attractive. I like the fact that, while there may be less "flash" in the Alpine, the infrastructure is sound. Mac McCoy (the fireguy) told me that the Alpine Coach is THE safest coach on the road. I would recommend an Alpine to anyone.
gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #9

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did read the rversonline articule and found it helpful. A few things that I liked about the Alpine that don't seem to be available on other coaches are: disk brakes, large tanks, house batteries, residential fridge, stacked washer & dryer. Doesn't seem like there's another coach that offers the whole package. Also, it seems like the ACA site is populated with some really nice people! Thanks again!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Hi mccanoer,

Even though WRV is gone, this forum plus the technical stuff our own Engineer Mike is gathering and getting posted on the ACA site is so very helpful. The owners are really responsive to EMike's requests for information, and the project will be ongoing. The two together give you so many things you need to find the right manufacturer for a component or advise for where to go for service or advise for the do-it-yourselfer.

In addition, if you join ACA and a regional Alpine club and attend the rallies, you will find that all you need to do is open a bay, engine compartment or gen slide, and you will draw a crowd of folks wondering how they can help. What a fabulous group of folks.

Of course, we could be a slight bit prejudiced, as our '07 40ft quad slide is our 4th Alpine and we belong to both ACA (the national club) and Alpine SoCal (our regional club). We love our Alpine, and love the people in both clubs!!

Good luck!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #11

Well lets go about it this way....
Is your main intent to park it mostly and live in it with little travel or is it lots of travel around the country?

If it is second then I would say it will be would be a good idea... If it was the first then I would go else where..

You have this to consider.... The company is GONE.Never gonna return... Now if that does not frighten you off, she is one heck of a ride that CANNOT be duplicated...
You should be able to get a FANTASTIC deal on one now.... if not FORGET IT.... there is little negotiation power left for any dealer to sell a alpine... Personally I would buy private...I cannot imagine who is even left standing as MANY RV companies have dropped the last 2 years...Quite honestly, Im not even sure who is still standing.It's been so brutal that I stopped keeping track awhile ago..Quite depressing... Last one I heard go under was travel supreme ...But it's been awhile since i paid attention Does anyone known if Foretravel is still up and running?
You will need to be a little handy if you buy a "Orphan Motorhome" if you have little or no time to put on a motorhome or are not at all mechanically inclined, I might stick with a company still on their feet.... But in these days, it could be Here today and Gone Tommorrow.
Happy hunting!
Wingding is offline   Reply With Quote