Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Window awnings

Anyone know of a good source for window awings besides CW. I would like to add a couple to our MH. Nothing against CW.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #2

I just added a large awning to the big window on the dinette side on our '06 MDDS. I had previously added several from A&E (Dometic) at WRV just before I closed. My dealer in Fife, WA, ordered a matching awning from Dometic for the big window, in the Champagne color that matches the exterior. Dometic matched the color from the product/serial numbers we gave them for one of the original added awnings.

So, most good dealers should be able to order awnings from them. You might try direct, but I think they will insist on a dealer.

You might try these guys to see if they will give you a better deal:

www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/a-a-e-rv-awnings-awning-parts.htm?source=google&mm_campaign=aeebaeb376504d b3a75f1d611d0292b3&keyword=AW_{keyword}&utm_source =google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=AW&utm_term=AW _{keyword}

OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
We also added the matching A&E awnings for the bedroom and sofa windows. They exactly match the big PS awning.
For the dinette window and the window by the recliner we added MCD duo blinds with the solar screen for daytime and the solid for night. We also added these for the window behind the sofa. They work very well and we can use them while driving to shade the dogs.
Doug & Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Hi D & D,

Did you get the awings from a dealer or you local Camping World?

Brad
Old 10-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Brad, we got them from Specialty RV, Tom Dinsmore, in Aurora. He has a 7 bay shop behind his house and he works on at least 7 or so Alpines. He limits his business to Diesel motorhomes. I have his contact info at home if you are interested. Just send me a PM. Doug
Doug & Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #6

If you are around Junction City, OR try Bobby at Kustom Coach Works. 541-501-3371 They do anything but chassis work. I had several things done there including cabinet work. They are great and very reasonable. Now I stop there every year and have them fix anything that is wrong.
Alpine Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Road Warrior, we had a great experience with Bobby and Scott at Kustom Coach Works/Amazing Creations!! They exchanged the cooktop/oven for a cooktop only and replaced matching drawers in the oven space!! Work was expedient, matched and clean.

While we were there, they did a complimentary roof and undercarriage inspection. Their combined rv experiences provides good information about the coaches.

We'll visit them again next year, too!
Voiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #8

I bought mine through WRV's accessories department. They matched the awnings to the patio awning, and beat the CW price. I had them in my hand before I even gave them the credit card. If I had the coach in Yakima, he would have had them installed.

Unfortunately this info means absolutely nothing to you....