RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:21 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Wink Windows Have Clouded

My door window has clouded to the point it is affecting my view of traffic to my right. Does anyone know of a place I can get a replacement window. I recently had the left view window pane (outer pane) broken and the sealant between them cleaned with a razor. The door window is too big for this type of maintenance?

Any ideas?

Ray Stephenson
2004 Alpine Alvanche 40ft 400HP

ustepr23774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2019, 08:53 AM   #2

Ray,

Tell us what part of the country you are in?

There are companies that specialize in repair/replacement of these defective dual pane (or is it dual pain) windows.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #3

Ray,

We went to an Alpine Rally near Quartzsite, Az in January. I also broke a Pilot window. The estimate at a local glass shop in VA was more than replacing the glass on both pilot windows and the sliders at the rally. I even went with a tinted glass that was light enough to pass VA inspection, The glass shop fixed a chip in the windshield for free.
Sco70ttie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
If you are in the western part of the country try Auto Glass Boss in Mesa AZ. Phone # is (480) 962-3886. We live in Southern California and they repaired our foggy windows about a year ago at cost of around $100 per window. I am happy with their workmanship but only time will tell if the failed window seal “clean and reseal” process holds up... Good luck!
Old 07-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Ray, if you are not traveling and in Winston Salem,NC as your profile shows, you have several choices. I have used RV Fog Doctor in Searcy, Arkansas successfully for years, I normally stop in Searcy on my way from or to somewhere else. I have had the door and main windows as well as the windshield done and been very satisfied with their work. There are other sources in the southeast, particularly in Florida and I am sure others can tell you about their experience with them. Good luck, let me know if you want more information.

Btw, you should think about joining ACE (Alpine Coach East) and ACA (Alpine Coach Association.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #6

There is a place in Greensboro that does glass replacement.

https://rvglassrepairservices.com/

I have not used them. Had ours repaired at Suncoast Designers in Hudson, Fl. in may. They did a great job.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
I have used RV Fog Doctor in Searcy, Arkansas successfully for years, I normally stop in Searcy on my way from or to somewhere else.

Thanks for the recommendation. I am going near there in the next 2 weeks. I'm going to give them a call about 2 of my windows.
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I am going near there in the next 2 weeks. I'm going to give them a call about 2 of my windows.

Be sure to call, they get backed up but try to fit everyone in. I expect they will be busy about that time with folks headed to the 100th FMCA Rally. You should arrive the night before, they have several power and water hook ups available, even some sewer, and will reserve one for you if they have space. Cheryl runs the office and Lee the shop. Really nice folks!

DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind, window