Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Windsheild covers

I am looking for a windsheild cover for my coach that attaches without snaps. I have seen this product on a few other Alpines. Can anyone provide the name of the manufacturer?

Jim & Vivian
2007 Alpine Apex
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Are you talking about Magne Shade? They attach on the outside via heavy duty magnets.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
We have them -- they are made by Prompt Sunscreens in Winter Haven, FL, and they will ship them to you along with wiper covers, side window covers, and a bag to hold them in, if you wish. There are a number of posts on this forum about them, if you search for them, and they have the patterns for Alpines. We are very happy with them after two years of using them.

Here's their website:

RV Sunscreen | No More Snaps, Drilling or Climbing
Former Owner, 2006 36MDDS
2010 Arctic Fox 22GK Travel Trailer
2007 Toyota Tundra
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
I have the Prompt RV Sunscreens and love them. Been on the coach over three years and still as good as new. I didn't care for the suction cup anchor on the curb side so I made a small hook from aluminum rod and that works great.
Bob Retired Army Traveling alone now.
2008 Camelot 40 PDQ 4 slides ISL400 towing a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quadcab
Western MT in summer, AZ, NV in winter
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
I had these inside covers and wheel covers custom made and installed near Portland. I had my choice of colors and weight of the fabric. Very reasonable and great quality. If interested, you can PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0733.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	7046   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0734.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	7047  

2007 Apex MDTS (425 hp) #75723
2007 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Ram Laramie 3500
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
Thank you all
The Prompt Sunscreen was the one that I was looking for.
Big Sky, Can you elaborate on the replacement part you made to replace the suction cup?
Jim & Vivian
2007 Alpine Apex
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #7
I have the prompt sunscreen and the suction cup that came with it for the curb side was not enough so they sent me a T bracket and now i have 3 suction cups, the 2 that they sent me on the T and I added the 1 that they originally sent me. I would ask them about the one they sent me and you will like it. Mel
Melorene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #8
Triple E Owners Club
We ordered and are expecting delivery in the next week or so for the Sunguard window covering. It has no suction cups, goes on the outside and it is fastened by attaching to the corners of the doors (on the class C) and magnets on the bottom. We ordered them from RV Toy Store in California.
2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
Alpine Owners Club
we have them as well, get two additional suction cups, then just rotate them a little and they will last a long time. We have had them for about a year, and there has not been any issues at all. We also purchased a door rug, and its great too. Takes about 10 minutes to put them on. I clean the windshield first prior to installing them since then the bugs are gone and won't bake on while we are stopped. I don't install them unless we are going to be at a place for at least a week.

Monty & Janet - 2007 Alpine APEX 40 MDTS
S/N - 75715 - Retired - Master Certified RV Tech
Old Rv'er is offline   Reply With Quote