Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #15
Windshield cannot be installed

We still may have to make the trip down to Coburg, Oregon - we need to make arrangements first. A local glass company - Associated Glass in Lynnwood - was recommended to us as being familiar with Alpine Coaches. A conversation with him indicates that he is quite familiar with these windshields and believes the resin installed at the factory is often not cleaned out and causes this problem. We are taking our RV down this week for his inspection but we have not ruled out Coburg, Oregon. In answer to the question as to whether any slides were out when they attempted to install, no - all slides were in.

robert scown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #16
Alpine Owners Club
When my passenger side started popping out, a company in Chehalis fixed it, and when they pulled it out the rest of the way, the mating surface was dirty, and it appeared WRV never cleaned out the place the window and urethane glue/sealant was going to fill. When A-1 Coach Glass fixed the drivers side later because of a rock chip, they found the same thing on that one too! Both places required us to level the coach with the SLIDES IN. A-1 Coach Glass wants the MH to sit for 24 hours before you drive it or un-level it because that sealant needs to set up. I liked them better than the glass place in Chehalis, WA.

Monty & Janet - 2007 Alpine APEX 40 MDTS
S/N - 75715 - Retired - Master Certified RV Tech
Old Rv'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #17
yeah i am unsure what types of slides you guys have

but if it was any thing like my setup .. my slide would have to be some where in the in and out or it would push on the upper wall

thats how they keep perisher on the upper seal to help stop water from coming in

when i had the furnt cap off the RV i used the slide to push on the wall to get every thing lined back up for the installed

well hope you guys find a way to fit it

terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote