Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Windshield wiper arms

I can't find my information on Ordering new wiper blade arms. Can anyone help me - for the double windshield on an 07?????
Thanks!!!!
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2018, 05:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Can you get a number off of one you have? Or take one in to a Freightliner shop.
Our 07 has the single windshield and I know we ordered new ones through a truck dealership after taking it in. They are not uncommon in my opinion.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I just replaced them on my ‘03. I took them off and went to O’reilly’s and just matched them up.
Sorry I don’t have the numbers with me.
We are on the road.
lazybyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
I have the first 07 mid door APEX and it still has the 2 piece windshield. There are no numbers on the wipers and she. I took it into NAPA today they had no idea what they were a nd said I needed the numbers. There use to be a thread on IRV2 but I can't find it. It has all the info on how and where to get it. Hoping someone familiar with the thread will respond.

Thanks!
#75710.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:06 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
If you type this into a google search you will get lots of links to the alpine forum to look at all about wiper arms.

site:irv2.com/forums/f104 wiper arm number
c_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
I think it was diesel equipment co in North Carolina. dieselequipment.com tel:1-800-222-7159
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by swansnest View Post
I have the first 07 mid door APEX and it still has the 2 piece windshield. There are no numbers on the wipers and she. I took it into NAPA today they had no idea what they were a nd said I needed the numbers. There use to be a thread on IRV2 but I can't find it. It has all the info on how and where to get it. Hoping someone familiar with the thread will respond.

Thanks!

Tris, on my two pice ‘05 windshield I have used a Bosch, I don’t know the number, and drilled out of he pin so I could use the mounting bolt. It .works, but I,have never been satisfied with the set up, it seems the wipers are too flimsy and blow around (lift) too much in cross winds.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #8

You can get ahold of AM Equipment in Jefferson, Or, south of Albany. If you have not gotten out of Oregon yet, you can stop in there. If I remember, they no longer have our wiper base and arm, it does not have the washer hose in the base. I bought new bases, arms, and the separate ribbed hose penetrations, last summer. The new arms were supposed to apply a little more pressure on the windows, a 1/2" wider spacing in the arm and bow pivot points.
Downside, these arms do not lock down when pivoting the blades away from the window, (about 45 degree), so they have to be held away from the window and they are in the way when washing windows.
They still do not wipe the window curve at the edge, maybe there is some adjustment I can make.
Ed
Old 08-09-2018, 12:17 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMunsil View Post
I think it was diesel equipment co in North Carolina. dieselequipment.com tel:1-800-222-7159

Yes I believe that’s where we got ours!
Old 08-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #10

Tris
The old arm is Dyna, and no numbers. My old DS arm is in good shape, you can have it if you like; the PS is broken.

The new arm, AM Eq parts are:
Arms, 301-5310
Base, Pantograph Adapter, 305-1007
Bulkhead Fitting, 313-1017

AM EQ
Phone 541-327-1546
Butch

Hope this helps,
Ed
Old 08-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Thank you ALL for your responses!!! Especially those that have specific Information!

I had tried to search IRV2 for the info but had not searched Amazon. Tuesday I went to Amazon & ordered the WET arms and blades ($166.26) & had them Friday w free Prime delivery, Tris put them on Saturday & they appear to work fine. We have not traveled yet w them on as we are still at the Sherwood OR Elks Lodge.

2 Dyno WET arms - 200487N 31.5" (reversible for left and right) $60.95 each
2 Automated HD78-28 Wiper Blades - Series 78, - 28" $22.18 each

Will advise if we have trouble w them driving down the highway next weekend when we leave here. Don't expect to be in any rain for a long time - as OR & CA are having record HEAT! At least they will work well for the new owners if we are successful in selling the coach!!!

The Swans.
#75710.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by swansnest View Post

Thanks!
That was me, about a year ago, and now I see JL MUNSIL has just posted the name and number of the company. They were great to deal with, and had everything you will need.
Dudley Do-Right, '06Apex40, MDTS
Dudley do-right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:35 AM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Dudley - See my response from 8/12....

Tris
#75710.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Wiper Blades TRU Vision Motorhome RV

This is company who sold WRV system for all of the coaches.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windshield