Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #1

windshield wipers

where to find Alpine 2008 replacement windshield wiper blades? I have found 33" blades but the original ones are 35"
rywren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #2

I had the same problem on my Sportscoach. They are also 35" blades. So, I called Forest River and they gave me the name of the place they sourced them from:

Diesel Equipment Company :: Wiper

What was even MORE surprising was the cost. Mine were about $19 each and that was the entire blade and arm assembly. I ordered 4

FYI, it's easier to call them, their website is rather hard to navigate.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rywren View Post
where to find Alpine 2008 replacement windshield wiper blades? I have found 33" blades but the original ones are 35"
Maybe someone is doing you a favor by not having the long blades?????? I have a 99 Alpine coach, I had replaced 2 wiper motors. I think the problem was ro much windshield drag, causing excessive motor stress. I reduced mine to 26 inch, no problems. Do we really need 36 inch blades????? how long are the blades in your car??? can you see ??? We have a friend with a 05 Damon, wiper motor quit. It was the same motor used on a Saturn car. hope this eases your mind. old trucker.. ( the blades on my Peterbilt truck were 15 inch.)
Old Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #4

There is a fairly informative article in the current Motorhome magazine regarding windshield wiper blades, but I have a question that is more specific to our Alpines, particularly models with the two-piece windshield. Last spring on a trip north through Junction City, OR I picked up a new set of 28” TruVision metal frame blades at Guaranty in anticipation of more spring rainy driving conditions. My assumption of the rainy weather driving was absolutely correct; the choice of wiper blades totally incorrect. I would not recommend this blade for any of the pre-single piece windshields, unless you want to have only about half of the blade perform effective rain removal – these blades are expensive at $32.95 each and basically worthless. It was hard to believe the original six-year old WRV installed blades had done a better job than the TruVisions. I almost decided to put the old ones back on, but by then it was the famous “July 5;” summer had officially arrived and the rainy season in the northwest had drawn to a close.
The Motorhome article rates seven different brands (TruVision metal frame models being conspicuously absent) and all but two of the rated blades are of the “curved frameless” variety. It would appear this type of wiper blade might soon become the standard. I recently installed a set of Bosch frameless blades on my Ford F-150 pickup and absolutely love them. They are extremely quiet and are very effective at rain removal.
So, my question is, have any of you tried the new “curved frameless” wiper blades, do you like them, or do you have any other types that have proved successful?
Birddog Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Most truckstops have blades that are quite long. Thats where I get mine!
howie-2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog Pilot View Post
There is a fairly informative article in the current Motorhome magazine regarding windshield wiper blades, but I have a question that is more specific to our Alpines, particularly models with the two-piece windshield. Last spring on a trip north through Junction City, OR I picked up a new set of 28” TruVision metal frame blades at Guaranty in anticipation of more spring rainy driving conditions. My assumption of the rainy weather driving was absolutely correct; the choice of wiper blades totally incorrect. I would not recommend this blade for any of the pre-single piece windshields, unless you want to have only about half of the blade perform effective rain removal – these blades are expensive at $32.95 each and basically worthless. It was hard to believe the original six-year old WRV installed blades had done a better job than the TruVisions. I almost decided to put the old ones back on, but by then it was the famous “July 5;” summer had officially arrived and the rainy season in the northwest had drawn to a close.
The Motorhome article rates seven different brands (TruVision metal frame models being conspicuously absent) and all but two of the rated blades are of the “curved frameless” variety. It would appear this type of wiper blade might soon become the standard. I recently installed a set of Bosch frameless blades on my Ford F-150 pickup and absolutely love them. They are extremely quiet and are very effective at rain removal.
So, my question is, have any of you tried the new “curved frameless” wiper blades, do you like them, or do you have any other types that have proved successful?
I tried the TruVision once but never again. I use the original Dyna blades and get refills from Napa for under $6 each.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #7

I also have tried the "curved frameless" blades two dif. times. Will not be a third.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #8

Tru Vision makes wiper blades for trucks and RV's ..I ordered them tel# 336-373-8331 which may also go by Diesel Equipment Co. in Greensboro, NC..Part No. TRU BA900 and 35inches long..$18.36 ea plus tax and UPS.. Mel
Melorene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #9

On my 07 Apex with the two piece windshield that came with 28 inch blades, that didn't wipe well. I tried two other brands the same length and they did not work any better. I know Diesel Equipment Co provided the single motor system, to WRV, with the 28" blades. I did contact a local company, AM Equipment that manufactures wiper systems for all different types of equipment. They did supply WRV for some Alpine coaches so they familiar with them. They have a good website with technical information. Wiper motors are rated by stall torque and expressed in (NM) Newton meters. I did email Diesel Equipment CO, technical support to ask what my motor was rated as, but got no response. I think that my single motor is not big enough for 28" blades. Since AM Equipment did not design my system for safety reasons could not make specific recommendations. With the information they provided I decided to replace my arms and use 20" framed blades. In my opinion if you have wiping problem using a single motor, I would look at shorter blades first. The AM Equipment part arm #301-3300 and the 20" framed blade 302-1200
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
FWIW - When we bought unit in 08, we did not know the wiper motor was going out then, it did quit once in a while, but letting it rest or only using it in intermitant setting kept if going, that is unitl, that sideways blowing snow in WY two winters ago, then it quit completely unless we let it rest for 5 minutes or so. We got through the snow, but the heat coming out of the passenger seat kept me warm the whole way home. I replaced the motor once we were home, and it's worked perfect since then. The wiper blades are the ones OEM'ed on the coach, and work as good now as then. I keep them covered with wiper covers when the coach is not going down the road, which I believe has kept them fresh. Had to use them just yesterday for 30 minutes or so taking coach to storage, and they kept the window clear all the way. I know it's time for new spares at any rate, just don't know which ones to get, will remove old ones and buy the same size as those, since they clear enough space for me to see.

Has any one purchased michelin replacement blades, if so are they any good.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I installed a new Michelin hybrid STEALTH on my Subaru Forester rear window last night and drove in lite falling snow and it followed the curve of the window perfectly. No other blade has ever done that. Very nice looking design.
1995 F53 35U Bounder, Wide Body-Large Vertical Windows-NO SLIDES, Front Axle-Davis Tru-Trac Bar, Rear Axle-SuperSteer Trac Bar, TowBar/Brake System-NSA ReadyBrute Elite, Family Motor Coach Association F 513--F 513s MotorHoming since 1952
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #12

I have Stealth blades on the front of my Forester and they work great. Not sure they make them big enough for the coach, plus they use the J hook method not the saddle mount that the Dyna uses. Original blades can be found here Wiper Blade by DYNA - Windshield Wipers by Zoro Tools Industrial Supplies
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Anco Windshield wiper co. made an adapter kit to convert the wiper blades with the two (pain in the tail) screws to use the now readily available j hook style wipers available everywhere.
Go to amazon.com and enter Anco 4817 adapter. I converted my Bounder several years ago.

Single wiper motor with 28" blades has always worked for me. I use Rain X or a similar product on all my vehicle windows and use my wipers less often.

I bought my Michelin Stealth wiper at a Menard's hardware & building supplies center and they had sizes 16" thru 28".
1995 F53 35U Bounder, Wide Body-Large Vertical Windows-NO SLIDES, Front Axle-Davis Tru-Trac Bar, Rear Axle-SuperSteer Trac Bar, TowBar/Brake System-NSA ReadyBrute Elite, Family Motor Coach Association F 513--F 513s MotorHoming since 1952
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote