Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #1

Winegard TRAV'LER

Has anybody removed the Kingdome(?) and replaced it with the winegard trav'ler. Was it a big hassle? I installed one on our former mh and it was a piece of cake. Curious about all the fancy stuff in the Alpine.

Thanks
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2015, 09:28 PM   #2

One thing to be aware of is that for some reason (air flow) the Trav'ler will rattle while going down the road if it is mounted where the dome is currently located. Many of us found we needed to move the Trav'ler to behind the front air conditioner.

Do a search on here and you will likely find the threads about it.

Not a major job. I did mine as a DIY project.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
One thing to be aware of is that for some reason (air flow) the Trav'ler will rattle while going down the road if it is mounted where the dome is currently located. Many of us found we needed to move the Trav'ler to behind the front air conditioner.

Interesting. I had a Trav'ler on the front roof area of my last RV,never noticed a rattle. But, have noticed several lately mounted " amid ships" and wondered the logic.

Pretty easy to fish leads thru the old openings up front. I would imagine a much more difficult job if located between AC units?
Old 04-28-2015, 05:41 PM   #4

I had a travler mounted at the front on my other MH and no noise or rattle issues. I will take your advice and mount it rearward on the Alpine. I mounted my other one myself and it was a piece of cake, a few hours in the driveway and it was a done deal. Just needed help getting it on the roof.

Once again, tons of info on here...............Thanks, Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:17 PM   #5

I know some people post on Alpine related issues that don't have an Alpine. All Alpines do not have enough roof support for Dish type antenna's in front of the front AC. I have talked to at least 3 different satellite installers and they all said to install dishes between both A/C or they will bounce on the roof on Alpines. I know because I had dish ones installed in front of the A/C and they rattled. Dome type ones may be ok in front of the A/C.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #6

Bobby and Scott at Amazing Creations, Junction City, OR, mounted our Trav'ler behind the kitchen vent/fan and ran the cables through the overhead air conditioning duct forward to the entertainment cabinet area. There has not been any detectable wind noise or vibration during the four years since the installation. I also like to be able to open this vent/fan and observe the extension and retraction process to visually verify the operation.
The Trav'ler has proven to be an excellent trouble free antenna.
Birddog Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post

This was a surprise to me. I've never heard of a Travler making noise on the roof when stowed.
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote