Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #1

I was using the wipers and they quite right in the middle of there stoke. I looked in the book and then called WRV. There is no fuse or breaker I am told. I have not yet checked for power at the motor. I will as soon as I can get back out to the storage yard.
Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. If so, what was the cause?
Thanks for any tips or suggestions.
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #2

I was using the wipers and they quite right in the middle of there stoke. I looked in the book and then called WRV. There is no fuse or breaker I am told. I have not yet checked for power at the motor. I will as soon as I can get back out to the storage yard.
Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. If so, what was the cause?
Thanks for any tips or suggestions.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:07 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Don,

All circuits like the wipers have some protection. Your coach should have the Vansco electrical system, which protects most of your circuits. To reset a tripped circuit, turn your battery switches off for a few seconds and then turn it back on. See if that restores power to the wipers. If not, see if the motor is getting power, as you mentioned, with a meter or test light.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:56 AM   #4

Mine did the same thing. I unplugged the wire harness to the wiper motor and reconnected it and it his worked fine now for 2 years.

I assume the plug was not completely seated.

Wayne
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #5

Not specific to wipers, but our 08 had a "plug" problem also.
Many electrical connections are made in automotive systems using a WeatherTight plug that has a sort of gasket to keep water out of the connection. Plugs of the WT type usually come with the pins separate from the plastic plug body so a good permanent connection of the pin to the wire can be made. The pin is then inserted into the plug body where it snaps or locks into place if it is properly seated. If it isn't, then when the connection is pushed together, the pin can be pushed around inside the connection, or pushed out backwards.
The 2 stage Jake brake circuit runs thru a 30-pin WT connector to the ECU. 3 of the 30 pins were not properly seated according to WRV tech's, and were pushed back in the connector so the Jake no workee. The connector looks normal to even a fairly well trained eye. What you have to look for is a sunken or misaligned pin when looking down the inside mating surface of the connector. The fix is to carefully but firmly press suspect pins into the connector body from the wire side, using good needle nose pliers (while the connector is unplugged).

So when checking connections, also check the connection of the wire to the connector (look at it for proper depth & wiggle the wire to see if pin is loose in the connector), and pin alignment inside the connector body. Its a quick visual & tactile inspection that is easy once you know to include it in the hunt for an open circuit problem.

As to the wipers, motor may make ground thru a mounting bolt or similar pigtail, and ground may need to be brightened and tightened.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #6

I turned the main power off at both locations and that did not solve the problem. I hope pulling the plug, checking the pins and reinstall solves the problem.
I let you know!
Thanks all,
Dan,