Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2005, 08:21 AM   #1

We got MotorCoach Designs (MCD) sunscreens and tire covers installed today. They even have the Alpine Coach logo on them - apparently they are now an "official" add-on. Jerry Jenkins from Kerrville TX did a great job installing them. We could have installed them ourselves but decided to let someone who had done it several times do it for us while we watched!

We got the screens on the windshield, driver's side window, door window and passenger side window. Here's what the windshield sunscreen looks like. The little white tags have the Alpine Coach logo.

Here is what it looks like inside (we are having a "nice" no-cloud day in TX today - Aaaah - what a relief!):

And here is a closeup of one of the wheel covers. It's hung from a track that goes along the edge of the fender:

Audrey
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2005, 08:21 AM   #2

We got MotorCoach Designs (MCD) sunscreens and tire covers installed today. They even have the Alpine Coach logo on them - apparently they are now an "official" add-on. Jerry Jenkins from Kerrville TX did a great job installing them. We could have installed them ourselves but decided to let someone who had done it several times do it for us while we watched!

We got the screens on the windshield, driver's side window, door window and passenger side window. Here's what the windshield sunscreen looks like. The little white tags have the Alpine Coach logo.

Here is what it looks like inside (we are having a "nice" no-cloud day in TX today - Aaaah - what a relief!):

And here is a closeup of one of the wheel covers. It's hung from a track that goes along the edge of the fender:

Audrey
Old 06-22-2005, 07:38 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Your new sunscreens and tire covers look great and I know you will enjoy having them. A friend of mine who has a Beaver wanted to know where I got mine. Since my Alpine was preowned and the sunscreens aren't marked, I didn't know who made them. So I started looking at coach's with screens and when I saw the Motor Coach Design, Gold Series, they were the best I had seen. My Beaver friend ordered a set and he loves them. He also wanted the wheel covers but his Beaver slideout is part of the wheel well and can't be done. Just for info MCD makes some really nice mirror covers. When something is really great I don't mind saying so. MCD toll free number is 800-804-1757.
D & D Rich
Great Salt Lake Route
Old 06-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Audrey,

They look nice. How do they install? Snaps? Did they have to drill into the coach?
Old 06-23-2005, 03:05 AM   #5

Audrey
Your sunscreens look terrific. I knew I was going to get them, I just did not know where. I wrote to MCD last evening and will order mine when I hear from them. Their installation procedure is simple and extremely unique. Thanks,they look terrific. Congratulations.
Ted
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:30 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom and Patty:
Audrey,

They look nice. How do they install? Snaps? Did they have to drill into the coach? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, they use snaps with a piece of velcro on a snap at the bottom to pull them tight.

Yep - they drill into the coach to install the snap. Scary - but it looks fine.

Audrey
Old 06-23-2005, 04:34 AM   #7

Ted - we were glad that we got someone experienced with the product to install them since they do drill to put in the snaps. Plus the installers worked real hard to stretch things very well and position things perfectly. The screen fits very close - very little margin above and below the windows - so positioning them well takes some skill. But that tight fit is also what makes them look so good.
The installation fee was $75 which we thought was a bargain.

Just FYI - the MCD factory can let you know if someone in your area can do it.

Audrey
Old 06-23-2005, 04:44 AM   #8

MCD Sunscreens are now considered the "official" sunscreen for the Beaver/Monaco/Holiday Ramber line, plus several other coach brands. Here is a link to articles about the product Magazine Articles about MCD Sunscreens. John had researched the options pretty extensively and picked this product line.

We have the mirror covers on order. John thought I was ready to switch to taller mirrors so didn't include the covers with the original order. I'm not ready to monkey with changing the mirrors yet....

Audrey
Old 06-23-2005, 07:32 AM   #9

Audrey, I don't mind installing them, but if I can find someone for $ 75.00-$125.00 to do it like yours I am not about to take my drill out.
Ted
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:06 AM   #10

The sunscreens and tire covers look very nice! Since I have to store my coach in a storage facility when I'm working (darn job just gets in the way anyway) this may be an option. It appears that with a ladder and a few extra minutes, the sunscreens can be installed or removed.
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:48 AM   #11

There is a chance that with skill you won't need a ladder to remove them. The installer recommended that we wrap our A&E awning hook with tape or something soft and then just slip it up under the screen next to the snap - a simple twist will pop the snap. We'll try something like that.

Definitely need a ladder to put them on.

Audrey
Old 06-23-2005, 12:57 PM   #12

Mine came with it as an option from the factory. Used it once and easy to install when you lay them down in the sun for a few minutes.

But of course, I have to have the coach to enjoy that

David
rockcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:19 PM   #13

Oh is the factory already offering them as an option? The folks installing ours seemed to think WRV would be offering them at some point.

Audrey
Old 06-24-2005, 07:03 PM   #14

I have the "Prompt Sunscreens" on a 2005 40FDTS.
No snaps, no ladder, has not blown off in some rather substantial winds.

http://www.rv-sunscreen.com

I highly recommend. No, I don't get a commission.

Cheers.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote