Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #85

Alpine Owners Club
That spontaneous leak happened to me, too. I know I was over extended.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #86

Alpine Owners Club
Yep, normally I would not have, but the steering gear area is quite large, and even had it come down on the bags, there is pleanty of head/body room to be in, if it did. So I was not worried being in that place.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #87

Just make sure you have cell phone coverage under there so you can phone a friend. and get the extended data plan so you can web surf while waiting for enough buddies to show up to lift the coach while you crawl out.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #88

Alpine Owners Club
Yep, all of the above, and showed the safety watch how to start my coach so the bags pump up, since the ground sloped down, when they are full, I could slide out from the front. But it's something to think about, and contrary to popular belief, I would worry more about the air bags, than the jacks failing.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:53 AM   #89

Alpine Owners Club
Air bags failing?!? Where did you hear such nonsense?

(Oh yeah, probably from hearing me complain about my old coach.... 5 times....)
Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #90

Just readding about the Alpine updated steering brackets. What seems to be the problem with the original ones????? I have a 1999 36 ft. Is there something I should be checking on mine????
Old 12-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #91

See Here for a full discussion. I believe there are early model bracket photos somewhere in that thread, along w/discussion on your "Type 1" bracket. Short story- your setup may (probably does) get weld cracks that should be watched, and eventually a small welding job will likely be needed to reinforce the OEM design.

If you'll be at the Quartzite, AZ rally Jan 19-25, you can get a free inspection of your bracket by a known, suspected 'engineer' with experience in said topic.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #92

I too have had amazing service from Keith and Karen at Redlands truck. Last month while they were doing brake retrofit (master brake cylinder ) their tech powerwashed my aluminum wheels. I was polishing them and found 2 cracks in wheels, if their tech had not gone above and beyond and powerwashed I might not have found cracks that were inside of wheel. They help me find a replacement and they picked up in Ontario and brought to us and installed for me. This could have been disasterous Thank You Redlands Truck
Christopher Cratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #93

steering bracket

Hi, just purchased 2 weeks ago 2008 34 feds. Getting things sorted out. Ride height adjusted to spec, vibration New cv's new tires all good now. Making aqua hot work , Tap on check valves works perfect. change all filters (6) change all fluids Trans, motor, hydraulic . rebuilt air dryer both kits and filter now blows off correctly and doesn't leak. installed 8 new trojan t105's new s/s brackets. Looks cool. Now new problem steering box squeaks looks like it is moving a small amount on the huck bolts. Possible? There is not a new style upgrade steering bracket on this coach. Can someone please give me a phone number to the person that has the bracket in stock that i can purchase. I think I can handle the install myself. Thanks a lot. Mike jangaard 805 712 3227
Old 11-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #94

Alpine Owners Club
Welcome to the Alpine Family

The person who engineered the Steering Bracket Kit is Mike Flemming, know here and through out the Alpine World as Engieer Mike! Mike@flemming.cc

I wold also suggest you look at the Alpine Coach Association web site and join the club. This is where most people get updates on the tech side.

Alpinecoachassociation.com

Sully

40' MD Apex
Paul "Sully" Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #95

Alpine Owners Club
Does anyone know where we would order this kit now?
Old 03-13-2015, 05:50 AM   #96

Alpine Owners Club
EngineerMike, Does the 2006 Alpine 40fd limited need to have the new bracket?
dennismhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #97

Dennis- sorry for the delay in responding, see photo in post#50 above. If your rig has something like that installed, then you are good to go. If not then I recommend having it done or doing it yourself. I have a kit if you need it.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #98

I need to get one, Don't know how to buy one, live north or seattle