Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
Okay, one more from me...

As I was busy figuring out cutting and pasting, Michael Sebastian was posting. Thank you, Michael, for giving us this sense of confidence in WRV.

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #16

The return of Saddleback is very bullish, and I think they will do well w/Alpine Coach a) under the reorg, and b) w/the redesigned coaches. The access to operables under the coach now is truly fabulous.

The new Limited's are IMO nicer than the Country Coach Tribute (their entry model), and the SE is measurably nicer than the CC Inspire coaches and really the equal of the Allure coaches excepting a few appointments (most of which I wouldn't want, like power driver's window). I think customers are generally ratifying that opinion, hence the increase in coach output and attraction of prior disaffected dealer(s) to the fold.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag, I'll let you all know that Saddleback will be with WRV at our Santa Barbara rally. It'll be Michael and one of his reps.

Welcome back, Saddleback!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #18

Insofar as canceling service commitments, some of which were booked well in advance, and for which the servicees no doubt had made significant plans, I'm hoping that was not a unilateral notification. I would hope the service center would be professional enough to honor any standing commitments at the option of the customer, so as to roll out of the remodel & misc. service lines of business in a professional way, rather than drop customers (and their expectations) flat.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
I can not speak for others that have had service appointments, but will share my knowledge of, and dealings with the new service department. The new director of service, Ron Frazier, is very committed to having the service department, not only do the work right the first time but also, do the work in the time that was estimated. This required re-evaluating all of the jobs that had been scheduled before he took charge. I am sure that no one who has had work done in the past will be surprised when he found that the service department was overbooked. Rather than disappointing everyone with probable extended stays to get their work completed he chose to try and send those with work that could be done elsewhere to service centers closer to their homes. This alleviates the backup at the factory and cuts the time and expense to the coach owners.

I am scheduled for some warranty work at the factory and will report on me experience when I am done. I would have liked to been able to take my coach to a local service center, but have none and I feel that some of the work needed, can be done better by the factory. The service department has always had some very good people and now with Ron's guidance and the new management's commitment, I feel very confident that we will start to see great improvements.
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #20

We returned today from our appointment at WRV. We were there for 19 days, 13 work days. We purchased our coach "new" from McMahon's in Irvine. We thought it was beautiful. We found out it was a mess on our trip home from Irvine to Colorado. WRV started working with us immediately after the purchase, stood by their product and we finally scheduled an appointment at the factory. WRV warranty service personnel, Chris Scott, Izzy, Warren, Kimo, Steve in the paint shop, and Dan and Trish at the front desk, all participated in our absolutely amazing experience. Chris Pursley is our hero. We sent a two page list to Chris Scott before our appointment. Everything we needed done, was done perfectly. Everyone was courteous and friendly and we enjoyed being with them. The work was scheduled each day and completed as scheduled. Our repairs were interior, exterior, chassis, hydraulics, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and paint and body work. WRV service personnel understood our problems and had the product knowledge needed to get the job done. Each day started with an explanation of what was going to be done and each day ended with an explanation of the work performed. The quality of the workmanship was excellent. Their time and effort far exceeded our expectations. Management at WRV is definitely doing it right.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #21

Nov 26, 2007
JUNCTION CITY - It could be a tough holiday season for some workers at a local RV manufacturer.
Monday, KVAL learned that Country Coach which is headquartered in Junction City, is laying off some of its staff and with rumors that 200 - 300 workers could be out of a job, KVAL contacted the company's Director of Marketing & Public Relations, Matt Howard to get to the bottom of the issue.
Howard confirmed that Country Coach was indeed laying off employees but would not say how many people are affected. He says the layoffs are seasonal and due to market conditions.
KVAL spoke to one Country Coach employee off camera and he said he was shocked to see some of his co-workers leave today.
The mayor of Junction City says the layoffs are a sign of the times.
"That's just kind of a gut reaction to how big ticket items in the economy have slowed down. I think everyone's feeling the pinch and this is an unfortunate out crop of the slowing economy," said Mayor Dwight Coon.
Matt Howard says the company is healthy and trying to stay that way. He also says the company's market share is up but the industry as a whole is down and Country Coach is planning to build fewer coaches in some of their plants.
KVAL contacted some other local RV companies to get their take on the industry trends. A representative of Monaco Coach in Coburg says the company laid off employees last year but this year, officials say they don't expect any layoffs. Officials with Marathon Coach in Coburg say they don't expect to layoff employees, in fact, they are currently hiring.

Jan 26, 2008
WAKARUSA, IN-- RV manufacturer Monaco Coach handed out hundreds of pink slips. The Wakarusa company laid off 200 employees on Friday. The town manager estimates the company employs about 1,200 people.
"On Friday we notified those employees that were affected. We reduced our work force by about 200 employees," said Director of Corporate Communications Craig Wanichek.
Monaco Coach says the demand for RVs is slowing down.
"Overall the RV market has slowed this past year and the consumers out there are facing high fuel prices and some things like that," said Wanichek.
Monaco Coach says the market may begin to pick up with the recent interest rate cuts and lower gas prices. If that's the case, the company says they'll hire many of those people back.

TRAVEL SUPREME CLOSED TODAY, PLANS TO REOPEN ON MONDAY
RV Business
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Luxury motorhome and fifth-wheel builder Travel Supreme Inc. unexpectedly closed down administrative and production facilities on Wednesday (Jan. 23) with plans to reopen on Monday.
A sign on the Wakarusa, Ind.-based manufacturer's office door indicated that the company would return to operation on Monday. The gated product yard, which was locked Wednesday afternoon, housed around 15 fifth-wheels and a few motorhomes.
Officials, including President Glenn Troyer, were unavailable for comment when calls were placed to the company by RVBusiness.
A representative for a dealership that handles Travel Supreme's towable and motorhome lines said that "the situation is truly not as bad as what people are hearing."
He added, "All the bills are current. It's our understanding that they will reopen on Monday."
Travel Supreme is a family-owned company founded in 1989. .

Jan 30, 2008
Employees at Newmar RV in Nappanee tell WSBT the company laid off 20 percent of production workers Wednesday.
The company employs about 600 people.
WSBT calls to the company have not been returned.
The mayor told us he'd heard about the layoffs, and that the company told him they hope to re-hire the laid-off workers.
These layoffs come less than a week after Monaco Coach in Wakarusa laid off 200 employees.
More than 200 workers at Travel Supreme just went back to work this week after having their shifts cut. Travel Supreme's president says layoffs are likely.
Coachmen RV says it's selling its Elkhart corporate headquarters, and moving its headquarters to Middlebury.
The company told RV Business Magazine that since they no longer have manufacturing operations in Elkhart or Edwardsburg, Elkhart offices no longer make sense.
The company has already consolidated some of the Middlebury plants into one. Poor market conditions prompted that decision

Is there any doubt that the RV industry is in a slow down, particularly with diesel fuel at present running $3.86 to $4.04/gal?
BTF
Old 03-23-2008, 07:21 AM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim & Steph:
We purchased our coach "new" from McMahon's in Irvine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the post Jim & Steph.
If you could - would you post the year your Alpine was manufactured, please.

Thanks
Rick
Old 03-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #23

Just wanted to add my experience with the new WRV staff. We had a on going issue concerning a repair bill that we had paid, and felt that WRV had some obligation here. We have been going back and forth with previous WRV service reps, getting nowhere. At the Las Vegas rally we had the opportunity to meet Ron Fraizer, there new director of service and discussed our situtation. Ron listened, agreed, and we have been reimbursed. The new team is committed, understands the RV industry, and the mechanics and components of these coaches. In addition to meeting Ron Frazier, we again had the opportunity to talk with Bob Wert President of Wrv along with Burk, Max, Rick Barna, Poncho, hec the whole gang was there. We are excited about the direction WRV is headed and think it will result in positive results for all ALPINE coach owners.

"05" 40ft FDTS
cschemanske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #24

rickm,

Our coach is a 2005 purchased in Jan. 2007.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #25

cschemanske,

Hi Chris and Ray, I agree with you about positive results for all of us. We were so amazed. We believed what we were told by Burk and the rest of the WRV people at the Vegas rally and then hoped for the best. We got it. They took care of every single thing on our list except two Dometic issues and those we will be able to get done near our home.

Hope your trip home was good. We sure enjoyed meeting you and all the others at Pahrump and Vegas. Happy travels.

Stephanie and Jim McCain
Old 03-31-2008, 11:16 PM   #26

The Rest of the Story...?
Following my posting that WRV had cancelled our April 14th appointment, I got a private message from Kip Barker, at Uhlmann RV in Chehalis, WA offering to help take care of our problems. I sent him the list that I had original given to WRV's Chris Scott at his request. Kip checked with his service department and they said they could indeed do the necessary work.

Well, we drove the toad up to Chehalis today (leaving the coach at our daughter's in Oregon), to check them out and make an appointment to have the work done. They are very nice people with a brand new 18 bay service center. They were very accomodating and professional -- even though we had not bought the coach from them...

BUT, while we were there we looked at a new 2007 36 foot 3 slide coach that they had on the lot. Can you guess the rest of the story?

2007 Alpine Coach 36 FDTS
rurallady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:38 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BUT, while we were there we looked at a new 2007 36 foot 3 slide coach that they had on the lot. Can you guess the rest of the story? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
.... I think that might sum up "the Rest of the Story"!! If so.. Congrats!
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #28

Thank You! We'll take AL up there next Wednesday and bring back AL2!

2007 Alpine Coach 36 FDTS
rurallady is offline   Reply With Quote