Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
rurallady,

Congratulations on your new Alpine!! You'll have to tell us all about your swapping experience.

I'll bet Kip is real happy that he sent you that PM!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #30

rurallady,
Congratulatins on your new Alpine!!!
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:27 AM   #31

BE ADVISED WRV HAS NOT RESPONDED TO OUR WARRANTY PROBLEMS DATING BACK TO NOV.2007.THE THIRD KENWOOD HOME SYSTEM HAS FAILED.THE THIRD SET OF HYD. SLIDE HOSES FAILED.SINCE THERE IS NOT AN ALPINE DEALER CLOSE TO OUR AKRON OH.HOME I WAS AUTHORIZED TO HAVE THE WARRANTY WORK ON THE SLIDE REPAIRED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING I WOULD PAY THE REPAIR AND WRV PROMISED TO PAY US.THAT WAS 3 MONTHS AGO.TALKING WITH WRV AND LEAVING NUMEROUS MESSAGES HAS NOT EVEN PRODUCED A RETURN CALL.IF I DO NOT HEAR FROM WRV THIS WEEK I WILL POST A NEW THREAD INFORMING ALPINE OWNERS WHAT TO EXPECT FROM WRV
DAN&DONNA T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #32

Dan & Donna T, I am certain that you have read the success stories above on this thread. All of us have had some pretty bad experiences but they have always seemed to work out. We have the identical coach that you have and we have worked most of our problems out, most before the new management. Why don't you make it a point to contact Mr Bob Wert, President of WRV and present your problems and situations. About 2-1/2 years ago I posted a thread after meeting and talking with Burk Morgan that WRV was on it's way back. Did I ever get a lot of flack about that especially since I had been a major critic. This was long before the new management entered the picture. Low & behold most of us have made out quite well. Once you settle yourself and contact the correct personnel I think your problems will begin to be corrected. It sure is worth a try. If Mr Wert is not available try to get in touch with Burk Morgan. Keep us all posted, we all have a vested interest in this whole situation.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:13 AM   #33

Hi, I'm a new member who joined looking to obtain info on various RV's in order to help me make an educated choice as to which coach to buy when we upgrade in the next year or so.

As a general comment regarding the state of the industry, we were at Freds in Portland Friday and they said the slowdown they had notices was in their towables, usually the young family with kids. The coaches were doing very well. They have Allegro not Alpine but the trend should be consistent.

We looked at a 2005 Alpine with 4 slides at Guaranty in Eugene. We like it but wanted to learn more from the owners as to their satisfaction with the Alpines. Any input is more than welcome.

Kay Knott
Kay Knott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:20 PM   #34

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome Kay:

I have owned or 38' FDDS since it was new in 2001. I have always been happy with WRV and our Alpine. In the last year WRV has made some GREAT changes in customer service and also on the production side. I have seen some great things out of WRV and the staff. I can not say enough about them. I have also found that the owners of Alpines are just as great.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:07 PM   #35

Alpine Owners Club
We have a 2002 and haven't used it much the past year or so, took it out last week and to my relief and joy, everything worked beautifully. We love our Alpine and the people we've come to know. We've had huge frustrations with the factory and are very encouraged by the postings here about the direction WRV service is going. Go Alpine!
pamelashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #36

Hi Dave thank you for the welcome and the info. I thoroughly enjoy the forums, seems to be a great way to get info. We're probably 6 mo away from buying a new or new/used coach but am narrowing the field. I certainly liked the alpine we saw. It did not have the desk/buffet at the end of the table, the ceiling was not as high as they are now, none of which is an issue to me. The windshield was split and wonder if that is an issue at all with the Alpine. I know it is with some brands. I think my husband was concerned because it didn't have air brakes but in all I have been able to check out on them they appear to be well made. I appreciate all the help we can get.

Thank you.

Kay Knott

Originally posted by Dave Fernandez:
Hello & Welcome Kay:

I have owned or 38' FDDS since it was new in 2001. I have always been happy with WRV and our Alpine. In the last year WRV has made some GREAT changes in customer service and also on the production side. I have seen some great things out of WRV and the staff. I can not say enough about them. I have also found that the owners of Alpines are just as great.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #37

Country Coach Owners Club
My previous coaches had air brakes, and I am not pleased with the brakes on my Alpine.

It takes way too much pedal pressure to bring the beast to a fast stop.

I know someone who has added an air booster of some sort, for about $600, and he feels his braking is about 30% better. I intend to look into this in the near future.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
Kay,

As big jimbo points out, some of the year models have had breaks that require a lot of pedal pressure. The factory came up with a fix for this that has been acceptable for most folks. It requires replacing the fluid used to drive the power steering and brakes. Ted III has reported this made a world of difference. With my year model the breaking is no problem at all. I've had to make an emergency stop and had plenty of breaking power. There are numerous posts on this forum regarding the breaks. As for the split windshield, It is not problematic. The windshield too has been a topic for discussion from time to time here. The reason most of us would give for owning an Alpine is how it drives. I've talked to owners that have driven Prevost conversions that say the Alpine handles as well. Happy shopping
Old 04-15-2008, 06:42 AM   #39

Thank you Jeff, Jim and Sally. I thank you for the input. Shopping is fun but so hard too. I think we have narrowed it dow to 3 different coaches, Alpine, Kountry Star and Allegro Bus. All are rated very well. kThe Alpine and Kountry Str are rated as full time livable while the Allegro is rated for Snowbirding. Not sure what makes the difference. However, I like them all. Hopefull in about 5 months we will be ready to do it and we'll see what we find then.

Thanks again.

Kay
Old 04-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #40

I would add that out 2006 Alpine Limited has good brakes and stopping has not been a problem. It takes more room to stop because of size and weight than a small vehicle, but it stops well and doesn't take a lot of foot pressure on the brake, in our opinion. Some coaches seem to take more pressure, and the fluid replacement on those that do may be the answer.

Our Alpine is an absolute pleasure to drive. I have found I can comfortably drive more hours in a day in it than I can driving our 4Runner Toad.
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #41

Country Coach Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff and Cheryl:
Kay,

As big jimbo points out, some of the year models have had breaks that require a lot of pedal pressure. The factory came up with a fix for this that has been acceptable for most folks. It requires replacing the fluid used to drive the power steering and brakes. Ted III has reported this made a world of difference. With my year model the breaking is no problem at all. I've had to make an emergency stop and had plenty of breaking power. There are numerous posts on this forum regarding the breaks. As for the split windshield, It is not problematic. The windshield too has been a topic for discussion from time to time here. The reason most of us would give for owning an Alpine is how it drives. I've talked to owners that have driven Prevost conversions that say the Alpine handles as well. Happy shopping </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My last coach was a Prevost/1997 Marathon and I agree that the Alpine drives about as good, I wish it stopped as good.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #42

Sounds like the Alpines are over-all a good coach. Thanks for all the input.

Kay Knott
Fleetwood Southwind Storm
looking to upgrade.