Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
We have "Gorilla Snot" glue all over our coaches. WRV used this stuff to attach just about everything. I have discovered what I think is an issue. I think the glue softens when it gets hot. I got some of it from WRV and used it to attach velco to the entry steps to hold carpet in place. Last week after having the coach it storage and 100+ temperatures, I noticed it had run down the step riser it looks like the runs you get if you do not apply spray paint properly. Has any one worked with this stuff? I am going to try to clean it with mineral spirits, but I am wondering if anyone has had any luck cleaning it up and found something to replace it? This glue is the same stuff they used to attach the cover in the utility bay, the cover over the windshield center post and a lot of other places, it is extremely sticky, but apparently sensitive to heat.

DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
We have "Gorilla Snot" glue all over our coaches. WRV used this stuff to attach just about everything. I have discovered what I think is an issue. I think the glue softens when it gets hot. I got some of it from WRV and used it to attach velco to the entry steps to hold carpet in place. Last week after having the coach it storage and 100+ temperatures, I noticed it had run down the step riser it looks like the runs you get if you do not apply spray paint properly. Has any one worked with this stuff? I am going to try to clean it with mineral spirits, but I am wondering if anyone has had any luck cleaning it up and found something to replace it? This glue is the same stuff they used to attach the cover in the utility bay, the cover over the windshield center post and a lot of other places, it is extremely sticky, but apparently sensitive to heat.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:53 AM   #3

You might try Goof Off or Goop. I believe they are the correct names. It is pretty good stuff. Read instructions well because there are certain things you do not want it to get near.
H Depot, Lowes, Walmart
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:32 AM   #4

I have removed it umpteen times from the risers of my entry steps with 3M adhesive remover but it never stays gone for long!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #5

Ceramic tile on entry steps looks great & wears well, and the thinset & grout never runs.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #6

I found a product at an ACE hardware store called OOPS that worked. I had to use a putty knife on the stair well to help and it was alot of work. Removing the glue from the vinyl was not as difficult but use a cloth not a paper towel. The manufacture is Homax Products Inc. 800-729-9029 or www.homaxproducts.com
Old 08-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #7

Engineer Mike, I would agree that the tiles would look great on the entrance steps. Would they not be quite slippery when wet? Did you do it to your coach?
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #8

I belive there is a product called goo be gone
for this kinda stuff.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #9

Hi all. Depending on the mat'l the glue is on, WD-40 works well on most any type glue . Robbie

'06 AWD Saturn Vue-toad
riggarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks to all, I will not be able to get to it for a few weeks, I am tiling the master bath at the house and that is taking a lot of time. I will post what I try and what works.

Engineer Mike, I like the idea of the tile, particularly since I have a lot of experience with tile over the last few weeks.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
When I got my 2003 coach, it had been sitting on the dealers lot in Florida for 5 years. Sunbaked would be an understatement, and the glue used by WRV had dried out and crumbled in many, many places. I reglued everything I could find in that condition and used Goop. It works great on both interior and exterior glue surfaces. It's been two years now, and none of the repairs have failed.

2008 Chevy HHR
accidental_tourist is offline   Reply With Quote