Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #1

Xantrex override

Does anyone know if the generator will say on past the 8 hour max set by the xantrex, if it is started with the toggle switch in the dash?
Any help would be appreciated. Going to dry camp and need AC.
kubitvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #2

Would think only the autogenstart function sets the 8 hr limit???? A manual toggle switch start shouldnt have limited run time....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
It sounds like your Quiet Time is set for 8 hours. I have my Xantrex Quiet Time set to 1 minute.

If you want the generator to run continuously, then use the Gen Start button on the RC7-GS Remote or the RC-6 Remote depending on which model you have and it should run until you have no more fuel. Or you can start it using the dash button or the one mounted directly on the generator.

Or maybe you need to turn off the Xantrex AGS when you want to run the generator for all day or 24 hours.

Attached are my Xantrex settings.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Files
File Type: doc RC7-GS Programming List.doc (28.0 KB, 34 views)
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #4

Thanks for you replys I thought that may work but was not sure.

VK
kubitvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
According to the "manual", you can run the genset 24/7 if you manually start it using the button on the dash. NOTE: After 150 hours it needs an oil and filter change, if you are running under these conditions, I would make sure that "severe duty cycle" is not different for the OC. I would also change the air filter once a year under severe duty as well. Also the coolant needs to be changed every three years with a new radiator cap, use Fleetguard Complete since it's mixed in proportion and has the DCA additive already in it.

For those Silverleaf owners (me and all apex's some Limited's with the option), if you start the genset manually, the AGS will NOT take over and stop it if the batteries are charged up all the way, you will need to also stop it manually. AGS will also start it approximately one hour prior to any quiet hour setting you have established, to top off the batteries if they are down a little, assuming you are boondocking and it's enabled. This happens on mine, cannot for sure say what others have experienced.

FWIW Story, in South Atlanta, GA, wind is blowing a blue streak, reading at midnight, and all of a sudden power goes out, hmmm, this might be bad, turns out park lost power, turned off SP breaker, still nothing, killed master switches, reset inverter (Magnum 2820), turned on master switches, almost immediately AGS starts genset, since inverter still provided power to fridge even though it was not powering internal coach systems. Got everything running again, and left genset running manually all night since I did not know when SP was to return. Got up around 5, park power back on, cooled down Genset, shut down, and turned on SP breaker, everything fine, next day, low temp of 18F, next day 7F for low. I believe the receptacle for the microwave was failing, which caused this issue, since later on down the road, the breaker tripped, and took out several others in the process including the inverter breaker, (because microwave is on the inverter side of the house electrical so this is normal) took me a while to isolate this, had it changed when I had Kustom Coach Works fix a cabinet and some other little issues I could not figure out. Excellent work those guys do. Since that experience, whenever I use the coach, the inverter is enabled, and AGS is set to start when battery voltage hits 12.2VDC. Quiet hours are normally 11 to 7. Of late, sometimes I turn off the charger even when on Shore Power, and once in a while, after about 15 minutes, the genset comes on. I need to check to ensure I don't have lose battery cables, or a bad battery in the loop, they are AGM's so not sure how to test those, will give lifeline a call to figure that out.

As much as ours has vexed me on occasion, and made me want to cuss it out a blue streak, it's fairly easy to work on once you figure out what is wrong, with the electrical QA being in my opinion the biggest fault of them all. Of course I don't have the equipment to change tires, work on brakes, I leave it for the shops who can get it in the air safely and pull the wheels and put them back on correctly torqued down to 450 ft-lbs.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xantrex